Ideal location to shoot cars in singapore? (Tracking & Rigs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

couleur

Nov 12, 2006
KUL, MYS
Hey guys,

Can anyone give me some tips on locations? I am looking for a 1. straight or zigzag road with full of trees at both sides and hardly or nobody uses that road. 2. empty car parks during the night with some standard florescent lighting, and where supercars could enter, maybe ground level parking. 3. a nice road with some interesting architectures at both sides, hardly anyone driving through.

I really hope you guys can help me out here. I am not in Singapore currently, so I can't do my own recce session... but I really hope you guys could help me out.

Thanks,:sweat:

regards,

Lim

supercars usually orchard road. super luxury cars have to go further.

for the rest, just go over any expressway bridge during peak hour and non peak as well night and you will have your shots.

i believe TS is asking for places where he can shoot using his own cars.

I was wondering what was Reportage talking about for a moment.

I'm looking for location, not the cars.

I was wondering what was Reportage talking about for a moment.

I'm looking for location, not the cars.
Sentosa comes to mind if looking for such locations.

aad52bf0.jpg

I was looking at this area or a while, can public cars enter there? It is around the Upper Peirce Reservoir/

old upper thomson road.

2209644830_4917101751_o.jpg

woah man, thanks a lot. But how about the reference on top? It's somewhere near old upper thompsan road, but is it accessable by public or is it a private property?

Does anyone know where is this car park? I can't seem to contact the photographer. He hasn't been here for more then 4 days.

audi.jpg

looks like suntec's carpark by the size of it, but I can't be sure..

Does anyone know whether this location is accesible?

upr.jpg

couleur,

hard luck to find any spots left in spore with few cars. Made worse by COE dropping down to $300. U gonna find even more cars on the road next month. Zheng Hu needs more money to beef up its coffers, so wat better way than to drop COE, increase more cars on the road, and increase ERP.

ok, complaints aside, here's some secret locations:

Try the fantastic road sitting on a dam near Seletar country club. You can enter via Jalan Kayu and go in thru the now defunct Seletar Camp (but u'll most likely get lost), so better to enter by Yishun Ave 1 and go all the way straight (past Orchid country club) until u see the sea and the reservoir. Go to the end of the dam and turn right. U'll find all the roads and trees and sea and reservoir. Caution: Down there at night sometimes got Mat Rock racers on their fanciful bikes which go faster than your ferraris... Due to the police spoiling the show most of the times, they have come less often, so the place more quiet at night, but your lamborginis would still attract a lot of attention.

The other place is the Old upper thomson road: nice windy road but as usual, zheng hu installed vertical barriers on the roadside so cars cannot park at the side. last time at night, u can see an orchestra of cars line up alongside the road 'dancing' in the dark... some cars practically can bounce... U can enter the reservoir but by 6pm(i tink) the gates close, so if u wanna shoot, gotta be before nightfall.

Indoor carpark wise, if u got the moolah ($$$), any building operator will gladly allow your fleet of ferraris in for a shoot...

Thats some great advice there, btw, what is COE and Zheng Hu? Zheng Hu is it Zheng Fu? You mean the goverment? ERP no problem for me, I just read that I need to pay $5 for one day, malaysian car.

I had been observing goole earth for quite sometime, yeah I saw the seletar club road too, but will there be a lot of cars coming in and out? I'm going to rig a lamborghini, so not sure whether its peaceful enough. Might take up to 2 lanes. :|

Old upper thomson road is nice, but will there be a lot of public vehicles travelling along it? Seems pretty dangerous, I just watch a couple of videos on youtube about it, looks like there will be a lot of crazy drivers.

I'm going to shoot the cars during the morning, around 10am-1pm during a weekday, CNY week. Any advice on changes of traffic conditions? Who are likely to use the old upper thomson road besides bikers? Is it a private road?

Untitled-1-1.jpg

merced.jpg

GT2.jpg

Is this old upper thomsan road? I wonder where is Mr. Benchmarc...

- sembawang road.
- lim chu kang
- neo tiew rd

if u really talking abt empty...
10pm-1am timing, lim chu kang road is good..real wide and empty and that point of time..
maybe got a few ghosts ard la..thats all (since its near the cemetery)

Thanks a lot everyone.

Lim Chu Kang Lane 9 seems like a really nice spot where. I'm trying to stay off the main road, is there any dead ends in singapore?

any one know how to achieve that type of effects?(the 3 cars, lambo, audi, gt3)
thanks a million!:D

Yo Couleur, if u own a lamborghini, I want to be your friend....
Kamu asri Malaysia ah? Atau France?:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.