Idea of Hotel81 Shoot - Inspired by Zeckson

Status
Not open for further replies.

benedium

Jun 19, 2004
www.photo.net
Do you all think Hotel81 or Fragrance Hotel Group would be interested to sponsor a mass model shoot and get cheap advertising.

Photographers will be free. They just have to provide rooms, sponsor models, stylist and studio equipment.

Can hold it as a mass model shoot and photography contest, and they can publish our work as a coffeetable book to place at every Hotel81 branch. hehe ;)

Great for publicity!!!

I think it is a great idea for publicity.

need a stronger marketing element for the hoteliers to bite.

Those hotels dont need any more advertising.

They have built a niche in the hotel market. Recently Sun Times had an article about them and that is good publicity for them.

jeff49er said:
Those hotels dont need any more advertising.

They have built a niche in the hotel market. Recently Sun Times had an article about them and that is good publicity for them.

are you saying these hotels are running at 100% occupancy nightly?

reachme2003 said:
need a stronger marketing element for the hoteliers to bite.

yeah, they won't bite. If they want a coffee table book they'll just get a pro to shoot it. You'll be suprise how cash rich they are.

i think almost. i went there once... cos my house scv broke down. so went there to enquire abt the 2hr transit thingy to watch soccer. wah liew, the customer flow quite high man!

but i left(chinatown branch) cos they didnt have star sports! :(

Hahahahaa
No lah... ;p
They must pay for 'real' models from respected agencies lah.

I quite a procrastinator... so need encouragement and advise. ;)

catchlights said:
Where you find the models? near by izit? :eek:

Hmm... well, Tiger beer is also doing very well being the house beer everywhere, but they still spend millions advertising yearly...
So maybe got chance... anybody with experience wanna do this with me? :D

benedium said:
Do you all think Hotel81 or Fragrance Hotel Group would be interested to sponsor a mass model shoot and get cheap advertising.

Why promote these short stay hotel chains? The Hotel 81 chain has been spreading like a disease throughout many once quiet neighborhoods, bringing vice and prostitution to these areas. I think it's a rather silly idea which will serve no proper purpose.

benedium said:
Hmm... well, Tiger beer is also doing very well being the house beer everywhere, but they still spend millions advertising yearly...
So maybe got chance... anybody with experience wanna do this with me? :D

did not mean to rub you the wrong way but someone tried this a while back.

please... short stay hotels aren't only for vice. if you've been back-packing you'll learn the value of these short stay hotels as a good place to safe-deposit your stuff while you walk around town or take a short nap.

They are also highly sought after by travellers who have to wait for a 6-10hr transit flight but don't want to spend on expensive hotels.

Promoting vice in these short stay hotels are the downside to it.
I don't work for them nor am I encouraging vice.

Terence said:
Why promote these short stay hotel chains? The Hotel 81 chain has been spreading like a disease throughout many once quiet neighborhoods, bringing vice and prostitution to these areas. I think it's a rather silly idea which will serve no proper purpose.

Wholly agreed.

Anyway they don't need publication, people who need them will go and find them.

yanyewkay said:
please... short stay hotels aren't only for vice. if you've been back-packing you'll learn the value of these short stay hotels as a good place to safe-deposit your stuff while you walk around town or take a short nap.

No doubt, but what comes to your mind when you see a Hotel 81 ad campaign with young nubile models prancing about? Worn out backpackers? The ongoing joke is that the chain got its name because 81 minutes is the length of stay for the average guest. Doing anything to promote their services is just plain wrong.

yqt said:
did not mean to rub you the wrong way but someone tried this a while back.

Not rubbed the wrong way ;) It's ok. Good to hear comments. I have lots of silly ideas all the time. Therapy to let it out sometimes haha.

Terence said:
No doubt, but what comes to your mind when you see a Hotel 81 ad campaign with young nubile models prancing about? Worn out backpackers? The ongoing joke is that the chain got its name because 81 minutes is the length of stay for the average guest. Doing anything to promote their services is just plain wrong.

:bsmilie: that's why i said nose-bleed :p

come on, let's not kid ourselves. what is the thing that comes to mind when you associate a photoshoot in a "hotel" room which clearly has no, IMHO, aesthetic value in terms of photography.

amateur AV idol :eek:

u guys need to travel more....

It's hard not to relate Hotel 81 with some other thing.....

If there is a shooting on models, shouldn't it better to do it discretely...at somewhere else?

Status
Not open for further replies.