ICU case

d2xpeter

Deregistered
Dec 6, 2012
singapore
tends to believe Ms Ho more than NUH, based on past experience with the hospital

Fullscreen+capture+4162013+15309+PM.jpg

She should sue.

Seriously ?
My "profound philosophical question" is (cue Sion).. lets say if there were 10 doctors that night.. would that make any difference ? She was 72, with critical condition
Having money to pay does not mean we are entitled to buy and get everything we want..
In the old days, patients thank doctors for their effort, regardless of the outcome..
Now they think they are 'entitled' to life and death :confused:

Hmmm. my exp at NUH has been pretty decent (2x emergency, 1x minor op + follow-ups).

incidentally when i was recovering from my minor surgery, an old lady few beds away (she came in for some operation but haven't been operated on) started having breathing difficulties and was quickly rushed to emergency.

my advice to others here (humans and cats) is to stay healthy and die old.

Hmmm. my exp at NUH has been pretty decent (2x emergency, 1x minor op + follow-ups).

incidentally when i was recovering from my minor surgery, an old lady few beds away (she came in for some operation but haven't been operated on) started having breathing difficulties and was quickly rushed to emergency.

you were lucky bro. LOL

Cats most probably will. Humans, very doubtful.

We should emulate the lifestyle of cats. Always resting and sleeping, zero stress level. Not to mention the 9 lives. LOL

i had an accident. i was sent to NUH. pretty prompt medical attention though. i went in at around 10:20AM, and by 11:45AM i was out of NUH :bsmilie:

from what i know, many patients tend to exaggerate the severity of the situation, being a person that's been in-and-out of hospitals more than 10 times in my whole life :bsmilie:

you'll hear stories that this happened, that happened, and patients with only minor cuts make it seem as if they would die the next moment if a band-aid wasn't placed over the boo-boo.

i would agree with Shizuma and hanzohattori.

in the past, when people suffered and wanted to die, they could. just because medical care hadn't reached the advancements of today. however, with today's technology, even if you wanted to die, you couldn't.

but people tend to expect that Doctors and Nurses can DEFINITELY do something about it, i.e. cure all illnesses. but sorry, they're not God.

i would say that this culture of entitlement is very wrong. we live in a privileged society now, not one built on entitlements. we're privileged to have what we have, but a lot of people out there thinks that the entire world revolves around them.

and this culture of suing people because they didn't do what you expected/did the right thing but something bad happened? please... that's so passe. and i would blame the Americans for that. their Freedom Amendments? rubbish. it allows their people to run amok and do what they want to do.

Emirates’ Laws Trap a Doctor Just Passing Through

This may be just greed, but it shows how selfish humans have become in the past 3 decades.

tends to believe Ms Ho more than NUH, based on past experience with the hospital

My uncle went for a medical check at NUH and died there instead. Saw him at ICU before they turn off the life support.

My uncle went for a medical check at NUH and died there instead. Saw him at ICU before they turn off the life support.

cause of death?

in the past, when people suffered and wanted to die, they could. just because medical care hadn't reached the advancements of today. however, with today's technology, even if you wanted to die, you couldn't.

find it strange though. A simple procedure can cost a person's life??? Today's technology???? This is a case of NOT wanting to die, but die. LOL...

That reminds me of a party who always sue and sue. LOL. As if they are entitled to.

so... you don't like the party, yet you advocate such behavior by others? :think:

find it strange though. A simple procedure can cost a person's life??? Today's technology???? This is a case of NOT wanting to die, but die. LOL...

you seem to have a very narrow view of things. there can be complications arising from medical care, or it could be that the patient is already too far gone to even do anything about it. and sometimes, it's just luck.

the report you cited, doesn't cover all the symptoms and illnesses that the old lady had, and which could have led to her passing. you're not a doctor, neither am i. we don't know everything, so don't just blame the doctor. you seem to think that since we paid for the medicine, we will survive. but that's not it.

Last edited:

ppl can die from such simple procedure as tooth extraction.

...and stay out of the hospitals if you could....

I ever came across a book titled "How to get of out of the hospital alive". LOL. My goodness. LOL
But seriously, this may not be a joke. My colleague's dad went to TTxx hospital for a simple procedure and ends up dying due to some flesh-eating bacteria contacted at the hospital.

Last edited:
cause of death?

He fell down in his ward but nobody noticed till hours later. NUH had been informed of falling risk but they did not take care of that. His condition had deteriorated by the time they found him.

He fell down in his ward but nobody noticed till hours later. NUH had been informed of falling risk but they did not take care of that. His condition had deteriorated by the time they found him.

hmmm. they'd attach an extra wrist notice on such patients.
did he wander off on his own unattended?

hmmm. they'd attach an extra wrist notice on such patients.
did he wander off on his own unattended?

In his ward. And nobody knew until too late. Anyway I am not going to say too much about this as his family did not want to sue.

The Book "How to get out of the hospital alive..."

"Dr. Sheldon Blau almost died after undergoing open-heart surgery—not from the surgery or heart disease, but from infectious bacteria introduced during surgery. His in-hospital experiences made him a better doctor, and inspired him to write How to Get Out of the Hospital Alive. The book describes the role of each member of the medical team, shows patients how to become active, effective members of that team, and offers concrete advice about ways to avoid the most common hospital-related errors. Ten Things You Can Do to Get Out of the Hospital Alive

Make sure all your known allergies are clearly marked on your chart, wrist band, or on a piece of paper taped above your bed.
Mark the area of your body to be operated on with a felt-tip pen.
Never eat or drink anything before surgery, even if the nurse brings you a food tray.
Tell your anesthesiologist if you're on any type of medication.
Have a reliable advocate with you as often as possible throughout your hospital stay.
Write your name prominently on a piece of paper and tape it to the wall above your bed.
Always ask the nurse to check the name and dosage of any medication he or she is about to give you.
Don't let anyone bully you.
Don't hesitate to get a second—or third—opinion.
Trust your instincts."

In his ward. And nobody knew until too late. Anyway I am not going to say too much about this as his family did not want to sue.

hmmm. my condolences.

Doctors are homosapians with human nature too.

Try doing the same sh1t everyday while facing difficult "clients" and "customers". Even the most caring ones will still lose their compassion from time to time.