ICE - Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phildate

No Joke - Just some common sense. This is probably something we should all consider:

Following the disaster in London . . .

East Anglian Ambulance Service in UK have launched a national

"In case of Emergency ( ICE ) " campaign with the support of Falklands war hero Simon Weston.

The idea is that you store the word " I C E " in your mobile phone address book, and against it enter the number of the person you would want to be contacted "In Case of Emergency".

In an emergency situation ambulance and hospital staff will then be able to quickly find out who your next of kin are and be able to contact them. It's so simple that everyone can do it. Please do.

Please will you also email this to everybody in your address book, it won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this.

It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest.

For more than one contact name ICE1, ICE2, ICE3 etc

seems like a pretty good idea to me so I thought I would share it - touch wood, I hope nothing ever happens like that in Singapore

indeed. an excellent idea. but for it to be effective in singapore, everyone must know about it first. smells like a potential government initiated campaign to me.......

I think its an excellent idea... lets start it and pass the info around... if all start doing it, maybe the media will pick it up too... A suggestion, since ICE is not a common term, why not use NOK since most people do know what NOK stands for.

saifulbahar said:
I think its an excellent idea... lets start it and pass the info around... if all start doing it, maybe the media will pick it up too... A suggestion, since ICE is not a common term, why not use NOK since most people do know what NOK stands for.

Errr... Nikon Ownz Kodak? :dunno:

Witness said:
next of kin la duh... haha

Aiyo, no sense of humor la you ;p

AReality said:
Mum, Dad, works just fine...

Agree, Mum, Dad, Wife..etc

Sometime too many short forms can be quite misleading... The first thing that comes into my mind for ICE=In Car Entertainment.:bsmilie:

AReality said:
Mum, Dad, works just fine...

reminds me of another email circulated awhile ago that anybody who gets hold of your handphone may text your relatives for criminal purposes....
now i put down my parents' name instead.

damian77 said:
Agree, Mum, Dad, Wife..etc

Sometime too many short forms can be quite misleading... The first thing that comes into my mind for ICE=In Car Entertainment.:bsmilie:

Mine was ICE = In-Circuit Emulator, or Inter-City Express

This is a problem created to solve a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.