ICC color correction

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameseka

Apr 24, 2007
Hi

I am using a d80 and Hp laptop with ndiva 8400GS Card.
I can see the camera LCD display colour is showing greener then and the vista silde show.

Can I change the ICC profile in the display without buying a monitor calibration tools.

Prismatic

Feb 25, 2003
In the void.
Visit site
You can probably change it under your display settings under the tab for your graphic card. But the question is, what icc profile are you changing it to? The camera's?

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
I am using a d80 and Hp laptop with ndiva 8400GS Card.
I can see the camera LCD display colour is showing greener then and the vista silde show.
Can I change the ICC profile in the display without buying a monitor calibration tools.
Neither of these displays is a calibrated one. So how do you want to define which green is the right one? You can change profiles till eternity, none of these standard profiles will enable you to get a neutral colour output. This requires calibration.
The camera display is not meant to show true colours, it is for a short reviews and checking settings and histogram. Your computer display needs to be calibrated first before you can start judging colours and editing pictures. Best way is getting the hardware tools, the software tools are cheap but not that accurate. Check the "Digital Darkroom" section, plenty of information there.

jameseka

Apr 24, 2007
Will go to the Digital Darkroom" section for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom