icarus outing #008 : Cameron Highlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

icarus

Jan 27, 2002
East
Our RSM, John Teoh has booked 3 rooms at a cottage in Cameron Highlands.
More info on the cottage -> http://www.aloha.gov.sg/sections/cluny/index.html
Enjoy the cool breeze when we take photos of the simple and relaxing life at Cameron Highlands.

Date: 29-30 October 2005
Time: 29th morning depart from SG, 30th afternoon depart from CH

1) icarus
2) John Teoh
3) NMSS_2
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)

Seats for 9 only, registration will close on Tuesday night. Will source for bus tickets on Wednesday.

Enjoy the cool breeze when we take photos of the simple and relaxing life at Cameron Highlands.

1) icarus
2) John Teoh
3) NMSS_2
4) Justin
5) Justin's friend
6)
7)
8)
9)

Seats for 9 only, registration will close on Tuesday night. Will source for bus tickets on Wednesday.

1) icarus
2) John Teoh
3) NMSS_2
4) Justin
5) Justin's friend
6) Tupi Guy
7) Tupi Guy's Friend
8) Tupi Guy's Friend
9)

Attractions in CH (copied from the aloha website)

Farms and Plantations:
It’s a must to visit the various farms and plantation (from bees, butterflies to strawberries & tea). They’re educational and you can get pure honey & real sweet strawberries at cheap prices!

Shopping:
Explore the small towns of Brinchang, Ringlet and Tanah Rata and don’t miss their Pasa Malam nites. If you wish to do some marketing, getting the freshest cabbages, vleeks, mushrooms that come straight from the fruits and vegetables farms, you can visit those small sheds or greenhouses by the roadside, especially the north of Brinchang.

Jungle and waterfall trekking:
For the more adventurous, you can trek through the jungle terrain, swim in the streams & waterfalls, or climb your way up to the peak of the highlands. Some of the more popular peaks are Gunung Beremban, Gunung Jasar and Gunung Brinchang.

No matter which summit you choose, a walk up to any of these popular peaks will be richly rewarding for the view from the submit.

If you feel like spending an afternoon relaxing at the foot of a waterfall, you can do so at one of the two waterfalls in Cameron Highlands. Both the Parit Waterfall and Robinson Waterfall are located close to Tanah Rata.

Golfing

cant confirm for this trip yet , still gt thing yet to settle for next month ... hiaz hopefully by then once i clear my workload theres still seat for me

Noooo got bmt recourse :sweat: :angry: :angry: cannot go :cry:

Klose said:
Noooo got bmt recourse :sweat: :angry: :angry: cannot go :cry:

Dun worry, BTM recourse is just like a chalet (maybe even better than Cameron Highlands)... I know because i went for one 2 months before i ORD :bsmilie: :

icarus said:
Dun worry, BTM recourse is just like a chalet (maybe even better than Cameron Highlands)... I know because i went for one 2 months before i ORD :bsmilie: :

mine's my second last window :sweat: at least no more soc for me :bsmilie:

Klose said:
mine's my second last window :sweat: at least no more soc for me :bsmilie:

U PES what?

icarus said:

* RSM ran to check he didn't book the wrong date and place*

Cheers
John

1) icarus
2) John Teoh
3) NMSS_2
4) Justin
5) Justin's friend
6) Tupi Guy
7) Tupi Guy's Friend
8) Tupi Guy's Friend
9) Damien

binbeto said:
Chop one place 1st...

Pending CO approval.. :p

Opps, just saw your post, not sure if you are the No. 9 or is it me...
If its a tie, then must long jian bus liao! :bsmilie:

aiyoh... full house liao! how like that? can extend seating capacity or not? i'm interested...

Upzz for u guys, going Cameron Higlands this Sunday

must be careful on the road! it is a long drive from sin to CH, there will be alot of tourist at the CH because to weekend. if possible must visit the BOH tea plantation during dusk or dawn period, alot of opportunity shooting workers harvesting tea leave! my advise to get the local guide to bring u there, because the road is very very narrow!:think:

cheers

Wah! Go jiak4 hong1 ah? Most probably can't join you guys (full house, liao, anyway). Sigh. Enjoy ye trip guys! Bring some nice pix back!

Damien said:
Opps, just saw your post, not sure if you are the No. 9 or is it me...
If its a tie, then must long jian bus liao! :bsmilie:

Hee hee.. I could be no 9 if no one pm icarus before me loh...

Just got my weekend off pass signed by CO...

** Keeping finger crossed **

Status
Not open for further replies.