I won a prize in a photo competition!

hengbok

Feb 19, 2003
ihengbok.blogspot.com
I'm so happy that I just have to tell you guys this.

Late last year, for the first time in my life, I joined a photo competition, an open category nation-wide one. I never expect to win anything. Very very tough challenge pitting my small simple point & shoot camera (a Canon A630) against those pro, semi-pro & serious hobbyists with their big powerful DSLR. The results were announced on 26th Feb this year. There were over 8000 entries for the open category and only 63 were selected as winners. Imagine my surprise and joy when against all odds, my photo won a Merit Award!

What did I won? Beside the glory, S$100 cash(cheque), a Nikon CoolPix L21, a certificate & a 5R photo of my entry.

Full story in my blog.

My Winning Photo (original): A Glimpse of Paradise Lost on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

;D

Last edited:
saw ur winning photo and it was stunning. nice symmetry of the bird from the 2 ends of the building..

yup though the prize might seem small but its the glory and the confidence that u gain from that contest.

good job mate!;)

Good shot ... very nice photo!

Congratz.. got buffet or not?

congrats!

this is a great motivation to those who own tiny PnS cam, like me.

personally i feel, in such competitions, the GREAT image quality from GREAT cameras is not important. Maybe the quality of certain field will affect the "story" but the most important point is the meaning behind the picture. A handphone pic with great story captured is better than a great cam but captured, well, you get what i mean..

once again, congrats

Great pic, congrats. Makes me want to sell all my gear and go back to my F10.

its is a beautiful shot... keep it up...

Congrats. Awesome capture!

Certainly stand out, your prize-winning shot and you. :bsmilie:

Congratulations, that is truly a nice image :)

It's a shame the competition is very fudgy on photographers rights, but you can't help that, really :(

Nice work! Congrat!!!

congratulations !! i hope that this reinforces the following:

1. its the photographer not only the camera
2. size dont matter

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: