I was wondering..

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeTHaCk

Dec 8, 2004
Tampines
Im still quite new to photography. Ive decided to venture out on DSLRs after much satisfaction of taking pics even though some might look pathetic. Ive an old dynax 3xi camera with a n old A 70-210/ 4.5-5.6 minolta lens .

my main question is , Im in NS now, just 1 month in and got my pay already $(350 nia) . Oh yes, Im 18 by the way. I was wondering , if there are any places I can go to get a camera and pay by installments ? Am looking for a 350d or d50 oor dynax 7d/5d

thanks guys for helping out

i never liked the idea of paying by installments. paying interest for a camera that depreciates in value all the time doesn't sound correct. why not look at the Buy and sell forum for 2nd hand deals?

NeTHaCk said:
Im still quite new to photography. Ive decided to venture out on DSLRs after much satisfaction of taking pics even though some might look pathetic. Ive an old dynax 3xi camera with a n old A 70-210/ 4.5-5.6 minolta lens .

my main question is , Im in NS now, just 1 month in and got my pay already $(350 nia) . Oh yes, Im 18 by the way. I was wondering , if there are any places I can go to get a camera and pay by installments ? Am looking for a 350d or d50 oor dynax 7d/5d

thanks guys for helping out
Cash instalments? Abit tough. Typically its credit card 0% instalments.

Since u have a 3xi, use that first. What's wrong with it anyway? :dunno:

haa haa, 350, 18 yrs old, means jus go into army right? wait a while lah... save up a bit more then buy... dont bother with instalment...

Harvey Norman can pay installment.

Don't go by instalment, you'll regret it.

Bobman said:
Wow! You champion so fast 500 posts liao!!! Ya! Instalment kills.....
Huh? What :dunno:

Instalment is no good lor :nono:

_espn_ said:
Don't go by instalment, you'll regret it.

If it is 0% interest free why not?? Some credit card offer 0% interest free.

can ask family member for help if no credit card.

JL1500k said:
If it is 0% interest free why not?? Some credit card offer 0% interest free.
That's why bankruptcy is on the rise for SG.

Bobman said:
Wow! You champion so fast 500 posts liao!!! Ya! Instalment kills.....

Must be damned free, got alot of free times and things to post. :bsmilie:

JL1500k said:
Must be damp free, got alot of free times and things to post. :bsmilie:
What's damp free? New tampon?

Since it's your first month, you must still be in bmt unless you are PES E. Just see your posting after BMT, where you go dictates the amount of shutter time you have.

Klose said:
Since it's your first month, you must still be in bmt unless you are PES E. Just see your posting after BMT, where you go dictates the amount of shutter time you have.
err....

I am Pes E .. :sweat: my 3xi somehow is not in a good position to take photographs. the 18-55mm lens dropped and cracked ..

anyway.. I think ive decided to get a 2nd hand one.. maybe sell off some stuff or do some housework to earn extra cash :lovegrin:

OT : you guys think the minolta 5d can fit my 70-210mm ?

_espn_ said:
That's why bankruptcy is on the rise for SG.
Abit here, abit there.... Aiyah, few hundred a month nia, can afford it.

But when it all adds up.... ;)

NeTHaCk said:
err....

I am Pes E .. :sweat: my 3xi somehow is not in a good position to take photographs. the 18-55mm lens dropped and cracked ..

anyway.. I think ive decided to get a 2nd hand one.. maybe sell off some stuff or do some housework to earn extra cash :lovegrin:

OT : you guys think the minolta 5d can fit my 70-210mm ?
Not in a good position to take photos? Is the body damaged in anyway? :dunno: Or is it too 'low tech' and 'not in' to be shooting photos with a film body?

U can check out Buy and Sell for Minolta lenses or check out shops like TCW at Peninsular for 2nd hand Minolta wides like 24-105 or stuff like that.

jsbn said:
Abit here, abit there.... Aiyah, few hundred a month nia, can afford it.

But when it all adds up.... ;)
That's why I don't advise people on instalment. Do it for a huge sum >$50K. Else pay in full.

_espn_ said:
That's why I don't advise people on instalment. Do it for a huge sum >$50K. Else pay in full.

$49,990 is a lot of money to paid fully..:sweat::sweat: Really cannot do instalment huh..:bsmilie:

soma said:
$49,990 is a lot of money to paid fully..:sweat::sweat: Really cannot do instalment huh..:bsmilie:
I just illustrating lah :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.