I was feeling angsty yesterday,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timber Wolf

Oct 16, 2003
Visit site
So i went to shoot cats! (as usual)

I find that my pictures reflect my mood somewhat, and yesterday I felt quite pissed over some matters so I went downstairs to shoot the stray cats. If you see my other posts you'll find that they're happy cats, but this time it's different. Shot with Dynax 7D, 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG under extremely low lighting conditions.

78760246_e433f40264_o.jpg

78760256_97df5daae8_o.jpg

Do comment!
QX

Personally, I am a dog lover... But your pictures are tremendously good and I enjoy every inch of them. I especially like the eyes in the first photograph... milky and creepy...and the way the cat is looking, over her shoulder, it makes it seem sinister... Which I guess is what you want since you were feeling a lot of angst...

Hey, how about the coloured versions :)

judging from the size of the pupils in #2, i doubt its 'extreme' low light. Besides that they are great shots.

Thanks for your kind comments! =)
Btw, I think the cat was staring out into the open corridor, that's why its pupils were closed down somewhat. My exposure was around 1/4-1/8th second ISO 400 f/2.8. My anti-shake really helped me here, as i wouldn't be able to get it otherwise.

The cloudy eye shot was 1/4th second ISO 800 f/2.8, you can guess how dark it is =)

Here's another one from today, to round off the series. I call it "Longing for you". You can guess why too ;)

78952951_1b5c0be59f_o.jpg

Cheers, and do comment!
QX

Timber Wolf said:

i'm not sure about the connection to the 'angsty' part of the title, but individually speaking, the picures really work for me!

:thumbsup:

Hey I like these photos! The angle and lighting is really good... thanks for sharing!!

Yup I do. I'm more of a telephoto person. Cuts out all the distractions. Hope you like the pics!
QX

Status
Not open for further replies.