I want to upgrade! Which DSLR..

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirfarhan

Apr 10, 2005
Hi all! A question.

I want to upgrade! Which DSLR would be best as a step-up to my D70? My budget is around $6K. Any comments and suggestion are welcomed.

Any recommendations for Nikon, Canon, Fuji etc.

Thanks to all CS members. :cool:

amirfarhan said:
Hi all! A question.

I want to upgrade! Which DSLR would be best as a step-up to my D70? My budget is around $6K. Any comments and suggestion are welcomed.

Since you're already using a Nikon, an upgrade to D100/D2Hs/D1X would be good?

billpepsi

Jan 2, 2005
The 3rd Rock
amirfarhan said:
Hi all! A question.

If you plan to keep your Nikon lenses, naturally I wld go for D2Hs. But with $6k budget, you can't go wrong with either 20D or D2Hs.

amirfarhan

Apr 10, 2005
D2Hs. Its the one with the lower MP count, is it?

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
well if you're talking about body ONLY for upgrading, then since u're on nikon, with that budget i guess it's the d2hs (still got change)..

but if you don't mind other systems, then u need to sell everything, and add 6k to what your current system can fetch you, and that'll be ur budget for a new system (canon, or whichever).

if you STILL wanna keep your nikon system and spend 6k on Canon, then you're looking at 20D and probably only one at most 2 L lenses... but dun ask me i know nuts about Canon. :bsmilie:

Dec 31, 2004
Yishun
hmm ... ever considered another brand that also uses nikon f-mount? ... if u dun wanna 'downgrade' to a '4mp dslr with no built in flash' :bsmilie: [seriously, it is an upgrade]

then i guess you could consider d2x [1k more than your budget]

or fuji S3 Pro ...

i'm surprised that neither parker nor joho reccomended it ... :bsmilie:

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
amirfarhan said:
D2Hs. Its the one with the lower MP count, is it?
so? is the 4.1MP 'only' D2h/D2hs ever stop people like willyfoo, avatar etc.. produce 'bad' and 'low quality' images? :think:

u wanna upgrade? ask urself wat do u shoot MOST OFTEN. events? sports? portrait? landscape? street? etc.. etc... then, u select the cam for the purpose.

since u already have a selection of nikon lenses, plus ur familiarity with nikon system, u shld stick to nikon DSLRs. with a $6k budget, cams like D2h/D2hs and D2x (with a bit of top up) falls within ur budget, if u are into buying new cams. if u looking to save a bit, with a $6k budget, there are plenty of D2h in Buy/Sell.

still, ask urself wat do u shoot most often, then decide. mebbe, when u figured dat out... u might stick with ur D70 after all? ;p

Dec 31, 2004
Yishun
the d70 is very capable leh ... heh ... only falls short if u want like 5fps+ ...maybe u could consider upgrading your arsenal of lenses ... rather than the camera body?

sigg

May 4, 2005
sam_always said:
If i'm you... i will go for trinity first.... :)
trinity as in the matrix reloaded?

user111

Jul 27, 2004
sell the d70 to get back $1000+ but keep the kit lens(i assume u r using it)
buy a second hand d2h ($3k)
dont buy the d2hs since the price itself is too expensive (the minor upgrade from d2h to d2hs is not worth the extra $ IMO)
if u want to save even more $ then hunt for a used d1h($2k)
alternatively there are 2 copies of d1x on sale on TCW ($3k)
after selling the d70, total u have
- one kit lens
-$7000+
minus $3k for body, u still have $4k+ for
-flash
-long lens (AFD 80-200/2.8 two-touch 2nd hand approx $1200)
-another body or another special lens (long prime, micro-nikkor, fisheye, tiltshift, or whatever u fancy)

amirfarhan

Apr 10, 2005
thanks for the tip. sure saves a bundle. will consider.

amirfarhan

Apr 10, 2005
Adam Goi said:
Hi.

I'd be more interested to know why you want to upgrade ... can share?
Looking to move to an upgraded specs body. Need a pro body for my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom