I want to learn Basic Photography with DSLR Camera - Any Instructors here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RudimentalDrummer

Apr 9, 2008
West
Hi

I wanted to learn Simple Basic Photography. I believe there must be alot of Instructor here....not Photograhy-Schools har? .... those one-to-one lesson (easier for me to learn from the Instructor )...I stay in the West...Jurong Area.

If you are interested to teach me some Basic Kang-Hu...please kindly PM me or call me at 97989977 (my HP number) ...Of course, I am not asking for Free-Lessons here....It will be Paid Lessons....but please let me know - your Fees, Time Duration etc..etc...

and ....I'm totally NEW into this....thank you for reading

Warmest Regards

Eric

the best and one of the few instructors i ever had

51ZT1ANH7XL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart:

very patient, though needs a bit of effort reading through :bsmilie:

I need a Instructor I guess Bro...

You know, I read something here, I turn the Speed, The Aperture, (I follow same same) then I took the Picture - but come out differently lah......bery angry.

Then I took the night Photograph (follow also) read something here - take the picture- come out - also different lah...Me bery mad...It doesn't works....

So, I guess there are much more than this - - - so I need to get just my Basic Right for a Start....so now me looking for a Sifu here lah.

Regards

Eric

woh is it rudy from soft? the drum mod right. yea, i think one of the best instructor would be reading the manual. ha good luck with ur search for instructor =)

I need a Instructor I guess Bro...

You know, I read something here, I turn the Speed, The Aperture, (I follow same same) then I took the Picture - but come out differently lah......bery angry.

It has to do with the lighting condition also lah..

woh is it rudy from soft? the drum mod right. yea, i think one of the best instructor would be reading the manual. ha good luck with ur search for instructor =)

fyesally (1st post Pow-To me liao) - - so you're another Drummer here from Soft.com too har... Hey dont tell the whole world out here I'm Soft's Music "Forum Moderator" lah ...finish laio lah ...you har ? ok lah - anyway I'm clean here ....Hahahaha !

hey seriously who are you? Real Name, PM me ok...... I'm looking for a Sifu to teach me how to take nice.eee picture for "Drum Xchange Singapore"...you know l\me lah ---- have to post pics and tell stories lah...my job.

Eric

Bro, I also start my photography from scratch. Know nuts. Never attend photography course. Learn from mistake and keep asking to those experient shooters. The only way to acheived good result keep on shooting. As the day goes by definitely there will be improvement. Books and instructor is just a guide only. The rest is up to you. The key things is to get the fundamental right.

photography is not quite so rigid

you have to understand how the light flows, how your camera metering works

just because someone takes a night scene at f/8 30 seconds iso 100 doesn't mean you can take all night scenes at those settings :dunno:

Hi Eric,

If you are attending the Canon Users Coffee Session on a regular basis, you will pick up a lot of skills from the more experienced ones.

Even if you have good teacher you will need to shoot shoot shoot, review review review & try to understand why the pictures doesn't turn up to your expectation(blur, under exposed etc..).

This is the best way to learn. When in doubt post pictures with exif and ask for help I guess there are alot of people here will be glad to give you pointers.

Another way is to join group outings and try to pick up pointers here & there.

i think different ppl got different idea of a "good picture" even if u get a instruction, he/she can only give u pointers on how to take a good picture, these knowledge u can pick up frm books as well but as to actualy execution... hmm... is alot trickier...
I think there is no shortcut to practise, practise and practise.... ;)

night86mare: is the book a ebook???

Hi Eric,

If you are attending the Canon Users Coffee Session on a regular basis, you will pick up a lot of skills from the more experienced ones.

Yeah I enrol already - and I'm sure going for this Coffee Session mainly to learn and also most importantly get to know the community here in person better..

Thanks Bro

night86mare: is the book a ebook???

nope, solid real book

i borrowed mine from the central library, don't need to buy

there are many other good books available there, like photoshop for photographers, etc

anything that looks credible, usually is.. the weaker books usually don't look too good :sweat:

Thank you all for all the valuable Advice...so the word is "Read, Practice, Trial & Error & Learn from Experiences har"......

I thought having a Sifu to learn from here - can shortcut the journey somehow...so sad...:(

hhmm... think to pick up the basics, books and websites should be able to facilitate more than enough... 1st of all you should read through the manuals so that you understand what your gear is capable to do and understand the functions. just need to experiment and keep trying... maybe for more advance or more specialized stuff like using strobes or macro etc , might be good to have someone guiding... but no point getting an instructor and asking him/ her to teach you basics of how to use a camera. :) check out some of the stickies on some of the sub-forums here, was useful to me when I just started out...

Thank you all for all the valuable Advice...so the word is "Read, Practice, Trial & Error & Learn from Experiences har"......

I thought having a Sifu to learn from here - can shortcut the journey somehow...so sad...:(

there is no shortcut to it

different people have different learning curves, sometimes having a dedicated instructor can help, sometimes it doesn't. shooting more and putting what you have read into practice is what most people here would do, hence you would get more of this vein of advice - at least when it comes to basics. :) i did benefit significantly from some guidance from a very helpful friend from my camera user group when i started toying with macro though :think:

Photography is a skill and skill needs practice :nono: no shortcut. Sad but true:cry:

totally agree with dolby =)
so what u waiting for? go out and snap snap snap!

I share your view in having someone to guide you along and tell you where you have gone wrong or how things can be improved. That "someone", however, need not be a specific person. If you're not thin skin, you can post your photographs in this forum asking for ways to improve them. That's one of the purpose of this forum isnt it?

There is no substitute for Read & Practice. There are just times that you are stuck in the ruts and needed some advice to move you along.

Hahahaha ! funny thing is initially I thought Photography is easy as compare to Drumming …… little did I know – It’s the same ….. it’s not as easy as it seems top be – Practice & Practice…. Same philosophy here…

Yeah, have to practice and looking forward to these Meetups where hopefully the more experience Photographer are more than willing to share their experiences with me…

Cheers !

PS: - SO, now I can save up some $$$$ to buy Gears…no no…I mean Lens yes.ssss

Bro fyesally: - Snap snap what ? where ? ….Hm.mmm let me think ????? …yes I know..Snap those Musician’s Friends of Ours again , but the last time I snap Mr Tama Goh & Jeremy Monterio at The Regent (I believe you didn’t see those pics being posted up at Soft, cause I didn’t post it up) –as it turns out – I cant see any of their faces …what a joke….but I was using No-Flash with my HP Camera (in case it blurr their eyes and they hit the Wrong-Note, they will curse me for sure lah ). Kekekeke.

You see – I realize I needed a Proper Camera and learn how to use a Camera Properly after that….. what an Amateur in Photography am I…pai-seh pai-seh.

Status
Not open for further replies.