I want to know what do you see

Status
Not open for further replies.

emlee

Mar 10, 2008
Ang Mo Kio
Hi, I passed by this back alley in Boat Quay, something caught my eye and I took a shot. After processing it, my intended subject faded away, so I'm curious what other people see in this picture (as a subject).

I will start with an unaided response first. I will post my original intend after I gather some feedback so as not to lead viewers to any particular tendencies.

thanks in advance for viewing.

2550265716_64c76a9b39.jpg

The arrow sign at the bottom of the picture :)

First glance, the white arrow at bottom attracts attention.

Then the arrow leads the view into the alley, and noticed...the greeny rubbish bins???!!!

Honestly, only feels the deepness of the alley, didn't really spot any subject that catchy.

arrow first... den aircon compressors... and den... NTG

i haven't seen photographs online for a while cos no calibrated monitor, i think this monitor i'm using right now is way too overcontrasted.

based on the overcontrasted screen thoguh, i'm thinking the trash all over the floor.

but this scene is way too cluttered, too many elements, too much distortion for my liking - a bit is fine, too much is nauseating.. this just crosses the border i suspect.

Nothing to see, sky blown out.

Your main subject could be the sunset.

Pretty much the same as another shot i took at some back alley. :bsmilie: Could wait for the skies to darken to bring out the effect.

Subject is the street lamp?

Nothing to see, sky blown out.

Your main subject could be the sunset.

On one hand, you say the sky is blown out, then in the same breath you say the subject is a sunset (that coincidentally is non-existent in this picture). Contradictory?

On one hand, you say the sky is blown out, then in the same breath you say the subject is a sunset (that coincidentally is non-existent in this picture). Contradictory?

The sunset is the subject but it's blown out..get it?

TS said "After processing it, my intended subject faded away, so I'm curious what other people see in this picture (as a subject)."

So my guess on the main subject is sunset

To support my point:

look at the lampost, what time do most of all the street lamp are switched on? 7PM!

Sunset during this time of the year is around 7pm, TS may be trying to capture the nice sunlight on the cloud but the street became too dark so he processed it and try to make it brighter but got the sky blown out instead! Dude!

I may be wrong but it's just a guess.

hmmm? the lamp post caught my eye first.

Hi, I passed by this back alley in Boat Quay, something caught my eye and I took a shot. After processing it, my intended subject faded away, so I'm curious what other people see in this picture (as a subject).

I will start with an unaided response first. I will post my original intend after I gather some feedback so as not to lead viewers to any particular tendencies.

thanks in advance for viewing.

2550265716_64c76a9b39.jpg

Bro....its your sky...........it faded away because you contrast it too much...........
btw............you are exposed...........i know who you are bro.....=P
ahahahhahah

The only thing that captures my attention is the big arrow sign... :)

Thank you all for your feedback. Here comes the spoiler: the rows and racks of aircon condensers caught my eye (esp those on the left row). The shear number of condensers and the slight curve of the building made for an interesting shot, I thought. But when I looked TTL on a wide angle, I got greedy and included the arrow and the street light. I knew then the main interest has changed/ disappeared.

I wasn't sure there is any subject left in this picture, but I still liked it somewhat hence I asked for feedback. Thank you all again.

i haven't seen photographs online for a while cos no calibrated monitor, i think this monitor i'm using right now is way too overcontrasted.

based on the overcontrasted screen thoguh, i'm thinking the trash all over the floor.

but this scene is way too cluttered, too many elements, too much distortion for my liking - a bit is fine, too much is nauseating.. this just crosses the border i suspect.

thanks. you always give very comprehensive feedback. much appreciated.
agree on the crowding.
I have problems with: my office screen not showing what I see on my Mac; my reduced size pictures loose way too much details... must find a way to overcome these.:dunno:

Pretty much the same as another shot i took at some back alley. :bsmilie: Could wait for the skies to darken to bring out the effect.

hi, thks. The sky looked not so blown on my Mac screen. but yes, i could/should lower the sky tone a bit. this is morning 735am there about.

The sunset is the subject but it's blown out..get it?

TS said "After processing it, my intended subject faded away, so I'm curious what other people see in this picture (as a subject)."

So my guess on the main subject is sunset

To support my point:

look at the lampost, what time do most of all the street lamp are switched on? 7PM!

Sunset during this time of the year is around 7pm, TS may be trying to capture the nice sunlight on the cloud but the street became too dark so he processed it and try to make it brighter but got the sky blown out instead! Dude!

I may be wrong but it's just a guess.

hi, this is taken at near sun rise (0730 hrs), but your analogy is very interesting. the street lamp is switched on nearly 24/7. someone should tell LTA.

the sky (sun rise or set) wasn't my subject, it is used to give my intended subject more interesting light. but my greed destroyed it. may try it again. but thanks again for your feedback.

Bro....its your sky...........it faded away because you contrast it too much...........
btw............you are exposed...........i know who you are bro.....=P
ahahahhahah

Hi Rich, I am not your bro lah. What exposed? I never tried to hide. I come to CS to seek comments. Other platforms are for me to express... get it?

... not the sky lah... it is only such a small portion of the picture (then again, so is my intended subject). What kept this shot still interesting for me is the texture of the wall behind the lamp, the garbage containers, the texture on the road, and yes, the arrow...

arrow on the ground for me... leads my eyes up the path in the alley but can't pick up anything of interest; except the green bin?

Status
Not open for further replies.