I wanna buy a tripod

daniellcs

May 2, 2009
Could somebody recommend a reliable tripod?
With your experience, please tell me your recommendations or favourite brands/models based on some tentative criteria below:

Uses: Night & Landscape photography (thus pan & tilt head?)
Price range: $150-$250
Weight: preferably <2kg

Where can I find a shop in SG that specializes in tripods? (good variety & reasonable prices)
Many thanks!

Could somebody recommend a reliable tripod?
With your experience, please tell me your recommendations or favourite brands/models based on some tentative criteria below:

Uses: Night & Landscape photography (thus pan & tilt head?)
Price range: $150-$250
Weight: preferably <2kg

Where can I find a shop in SG that specializes in tripods? (good variety & reasonable prices)
Many thanks!

Sirui or Manfrotto would be ok but Manfrotto tends be a little heavier. Can check out both TK Foto and Cathay photo

how heavy is your setup? do note that tripods have a max load capacity. most of the recommended shops in here in CS (TK, OP, MS, Cathay, etc) carry good brands of tripods. among others are manfrotto, benro, sirui, slik, gitzo, etc. the carbon-fiber options are really light, but might burst your budget. my advise is go to those shops to have a feel of the tripods on display, and get the best (they're not necessarily the most expensive) you can afford. a good tripod usually last you years of use (and abuse). ;)

personally using a manfrotto tripod and ballhead which has served me well for quite a few years now. not the CF version. sturdy as heck, but also heavy if carrying for long periods of time. can also double as a lethal swinging weapon. :bsmilie:

edutilos- said:
Can check out Sirui, very good value for money and seems to fit what you want.

Just bought one aft reading this forum! So, I signed up today! Hee. I bought R1004 + g20 @$149 from tk foto. Poor me buy cheapest one x.x

Got any cheaper ones a not? :p

Bro... sometime, you would need to spend money. We know u are still student and a bit short of the $$, but if I was to advice, I would definitely ask you to save up more and get a good tripod. You would not want to had a half-past six tripod whereby after awhile, it collapse and all your precious camera equipment went with it.

Csboi said:

Yea agree with the others, if you want those $30 tripods I can give one to you free but do really want to use it? No need to get a top end tripod but get one that is stable enough and won't compromise the safety of your gears:) a cheap and stable tripod might be heavy but a young man like you can handle one lah

Bro... sometime, you would need to spend money. We know u are still student and a bit short of the $$, but if I was to advice, I would definitely ask you to save up more and get a good tripod. You would not want to had a half-past six tripod whereby after awhile, it collapse and all your precious camera equipment went with it.

HAHAHA RHINO!! Yeah not a bit short of money. Is very short of money. LOL got to commit myself to part-time jobs soon. :(

Yea agree with the others, if you want those $30 tripods I can give one to you free but do really want to use it? No need to get a top end tripod but get one that is stable enough and won't compromise the safety of your gears:) a cheap and stable tripod might be heavy but a young man like you can handle one lah

HAHA young by the looks but old in the heart already :bsmilie:

How much you paid ar rhino?

How much you paid ar rhino?

With the ballhead, S$2xx, can't remember (memory is failing me recently... I think I am getting old) - anyway the cost is in the short writeup I attached somewhere in the above thread.

Get Sirui with least a G20 head or k series.

It shld fit yr budget nicely and last u for a long time.

Go to TK foto to try them out. Bring your setup there.

Alright thanks Rhino. :)