I took up photography because of .........

Status
Not open for further replies.

redname

Oct 8, 2009
Hi,
not sure was there such a thread being created.

thot that we can gather some of our personal views and/or motivations that moved us into taking up photography.

It would be nice to know from pple who share a common interest and perhaps we can motivate some of us to be more serious in this or even get some newcomers to join us. :)

I'll start.

I gotta know an enthusiast and looked at her portfolio, i was eally impressed by the colors and images a DSLR can produced. After that I tried taking photos with my handphone cam and there were some photos which are looked gd, so i was thinking "what if it was taken with a DSLR?" :think:

hence, i decided it was time to get one.

upon getting one, i started to explore and lots of shots. I was amazed at how photographs can change the way pple look at an object and also i'm able to portray what's in my mind when i look at something or think of it & to show it to others by taking a picture of it.

So what's your story? :)

because i wanted to get a life................ :sweat:

:) Last time I was a small boy that hate to been taken photo by someone.
Every time when I see someone taking photos, I will think off “what and why those big guys and girls like to take photos so much” it’s a time and money waste to me.
To me is like – wah…. Spend so much money to buy Camera and Film and end up still have to pay for the photos, better I used the money for snack or something else.

But once I grow up, I feel like I miss out something.
Something I can’t used money or even my brain to retrieve back my lost!
It the “Memory”
When one day I start to recall my days back in my wonderful days with my Families and Friends I feel so good but end of the recall, I will always feel sad due to no hardcopy. :cry:
No matter how good a normal human brain is, you still can get back as much Memory as the hardcopy you have in hand.

:think:Hummm…… maybe I’m getting old…..

Life is like a dream!
When it goes, it's gone!
So capture your dream as a memory of your life.
Because you're worth it! :angel:

Yao86
Shi Le Bo ©

I travel around quite a bit and after a while was very disappointed by how my PnS pictures turn out ( disclaimer: A good PnS in goodhands can produce great pictures too!) Decided to skip the higher end PnS and go straight into DSLR. Started to read more and shoot more and eventually become addicted :D

XMMs. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

sorry, unable to link. can explain how photography and xmm got link?

:bsmilie:

I think most of the CSers also!

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yes, but be careful with words. Some seniors here may not like it. Actually I took up photography because I wanted to see pretty girls, but now due to pressure by the celebrated and some award-winning photographers here, I have to say I took up photography because I always wanted to achieve the highest standards in photographic techniques and skills and ultimately get the Photography Nobel Prize in Stockholm next year.

Yes, but be careful with words. Some seniors here may not like it. Actually I took up photography because I wanted to see pretty girls, but now due to pressure by the celebrated and some award-winning photographers here, I have to say I took up photography because I always wanted to achieve the highest standards in photographic techniques and skills and ultimately get the Photography Nobel Prize in Stockholm next year.

Ahh..ha ha ha......:sweatsm:

sorry sorry.... it's just a joke in Kopitam tok with a cup of hot Kopi. :sweat:

Agreed what you mean. :thumbsup:

I took up Photography not because of XMMs also even now.

Just Kopi tok just now. ;)

???? photography just to see pretty gals? tht's new but watever the case it's still a motivation :)

i wldn't need photography to see prety gals cause i can see lots of pretty gals ard also ;p

Last edited:

XMMs. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yep, me too. And to show off my big big camella :bsmilie:

I took up photography mainly because I was bored at work and didn't have much to do anyway. I also happened to have the LX3 so I read up photography websites at work and found it effective for killing boredom. Then I slowly realized there were so many genres of photography other than XMM!

Now you can say I'm still addicted to photography even though it has been 7 months. My interest usually doesn't last long. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.