i took photos of sunrise from my balcony and someone called the police!

cowmera

Nov 22, 2008
Behind you
According to the policeman, someone from the opposite block called them. what a waste of tax payers' $$! :bsmilie: i wasnt even aiming my camera at the opposite block! :p

According to the policeman, someone from the opposite block called them. what a waste of tax payers' $$! :bsmilie: i wasnt even aiming my camera at the opposite block! :p

faint......i remember the longest lens you own is a 50mm.......:bsmilie:

Paranoid people. Every little thing have to call police. Or is it they are hoping for some reward by a long shot. Sigh :dunno:

faint......i remember the longest lens you own is a 50mm.......:bsmilie:

Ya lor. Currently, 50mm is my longest. I use my fat 11-16 to shoot just now. Maybe the person not happy my lens fatter than his/hers.

Paranoid people. Every little thing have to call police. Or is it they are hoping for some reward by a long shot. Sigh :dunno:

Precisely! my entire family woke up cos my dog barked madly when the doorbell rang. ;p

Ya lor. Currently, 50mm is my longest. I use my fat 11-16 to shoot just now. Maybe the person not happy my lens fatter than his/hers.

11-16 is "too wide" liao.

Surely you have included the complainant in some little corner in the frame, and can see his/her pixelised face when zoom in 800%. So thats why he/she is not happy.
Yea, I'm kidding.
Share the policeman's reaction leh.

Last edited:
did you show the police what you took?
if yes, can you do that everyday same time? tell the police you are doing a ONE year project of sunrise at your window.....

till the police get sick and refuse to take their call? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i know already, you using your 11-16 at widest end, it was your next door neighbour that complaint. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

if yes, can you do that everyday same time? tell the police you are doing a ONE year project of sunrise at your window.....

till the police get sick and refuse to take their call? :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

TS may get ban from photography at home before the police get sick :bsmilie:

11-16 is "too wide" liao.

Surely you have included the complainant in some little corner in the frame, and can see his/her pixelised face when zoom in 800%. So thats why he/she is not happy.
Yea, I'm kidding.
Share the policeman's reaction leh.

when they arrived,my camera was still mounted on the tripod. I showed them all the photos and one shook his head in disbelief,another laughed. Then they told me,next time turn off the lights then shoot lor. I told them,i can't find my toothbrush in the dark,must turn on the lights. After that,they left. :)

Last edited:
actually, whenever i open the windows and take pictures, i also afraid people from the opposite block will think i am trying to take them and report police.

so what happend when the police is at your house, did you open the door for them to come in and inspect your photos?

Or did the policeman share some tips of taking photos witht the right setting? just kidding.

Last edited:

That means i must wake up early everyday for a year? :( ya,i showed them the photos. poor policemen,got to handle all these nonsense.

when they arrived,my camera was still mounted on the tripod. I showed them all the photos and one shook his head in disbelief,another laugh. Then they told me,next time turn off the lights then shoot lor. I told them,i can't find my toothbrush in the dark,must turn on the lights. After that,they left. :)

You are sooooo cute.
You mean u set ur tripod etc then go find toothbrush is it?
so while waiting u can brush ur teeth!?

just wonder what will happen if the policeman saw some picture aiming specifically at one of the opposite windows.
I am sure some people will do that, and do a 100% crop to see the IQ if their pictures. I think bros here better think twice if want to do that.

TS may get ban from photography at home before the police get sick :bsmilie:

actually, whenever i open the windows and take pictures, i also afraid people from the opposite block will think i am trying to take them and report police.

so what happend when the police is at your house, did you open the door for them to come in and inspect your photos?

Or did the policeman share some tips of taking photos witht the right setting? just kidding.

just wonder what will happen if the policeman saw some picture aiming specifically at one of the opposite windows.
I am sure some people will do that, and do a 100% crop to see the IQ if their pictures. I think bros here better think twice if want to do that.

I wonder what will happen if i try shooting in a bikini! :bsmilie:

You are sooooo cute.
You mean u set ur tripod etc then go find toothbrush is it?
so while waiting u can brush ur teeth!?

Nope,i washed up before i set up everything. Was trying to lighten the mood by joking with them. ;p

The best is to show the police the pics you shoot.
Maybe the police will "charge" them for "false alarm"?? :dunno: