I think im getting bad to worst...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like im getting not so good images from my K20D nowadays :(... i dunno why, the first few months of using it, i got fantastics pics... no need to think, anyhow shoot also can...

now i think, compose, think, compose, research on the net... think again...read books... study people photos... my shots are bad... :(

either im lousy or i need to rediscover myself... my equipment remain the same, i check all the lens, camera, all ok... problem is me :( even my editing sucks now...

seems like my pics are either soft(not that im particular but seems like it lack something), composition no good, and noisy pics, exposure also off...

my wife try to console me, says becos the weather no good, so bad light, the model i shoot not pretty so not nice... but i think i suck... :cry:

days like these happen. put your cam down for awhile and go chill. i was inactive for 2-3 months before picking it up agn. feels so shiok :)

its time for some recollection !

that means you are on the 'bottle neck'

get over it and you will be on a whole new level, haha;)

Don't feel bad. It happens to all of us at one point or another. It's all part of the creative cycle.

^^I'm currently in between stage 3 and 4. :devil:

That's a good sign!

Photography is among others about the way we see things. Reading books, attending exhibitions, browsing photos on the net, improves our way of seeing. They are raising the bar of taking better or original photos.

When the way we see things changes or improved...we try to align or cope up with our techniques. Most of the times both improves, but the "things" does not. Things are things. We are not getting interested in the "things", or rather, we don't get to see "things" in new ways that's interesting.

When we are interested in the "things", then we will dig deeper as to what the things are. From here, we see things differently, or found new interesting fact about the things.

Back out for a while may be good, we'll start fresh after a while.
Keep on taking pictures is also good, we'll force ourselves to raise the bar higher.

Oh, I am so clever I don't understand a single word I am saying.....:sweat:

If you want to throw it away, please do it at my home bin :p.

Just joking :)

Anyway dun feel depress when you cannot get expected quality photos.

Next time when you go out shooting, probably you should only bring one camera and one lens instead of multiple lenses and systems, so you can focus more on shooting instead of thinking which setup to use?

Another reason is that your standard became too high? Your photos still look great to me :)

Hi, I'm feeling that way too. ever since i was a kid i like talking photos, film then compacts, then everytime my camera phone, all the pictures have satisfied me.. then came the bloody dslr. I can't seem to figure out what this thing can do better than my compacts, its so large and heavy, can't fit on my pocket, troublesome to bring along during gatherings.. Then came the soft,out-of-focus shot:dunno:. After that, a lot of studying what's my problem that i cant get good pictures, iv improved a bit..(hope so..)hehe! then iv browse the net, iv seen photos of flicker, then i stumbled on the timecatcher website... my jaw drop:bigeyes:.hahaha!
now, we shouldnt be worried if we think we are getting worst, bec that is a sign that our expections are getting higher everytime, so in that case we will strive to learn more,new things bout this beautiful hobby.. I'm more worried if im satisfied with my skills right now coz its the time im now lazy to learn...

Cheers,

Bil

Cheer up Flowerpot. The magic is still in your hands.

Seems like im getting not so good images from my K20D nowadays :(... i dunno why, the first few months of using it, i got fantastics pics... no need to think, anyhow shoot also can...

now i think, compose, think, compose, research on the net... think again...read books... study people photos... my shots are bad... :(

either im lousy or i need to rediscover myself... my equipment remain the same, i check all the lens, camera, all ok... problem is me :( even my editing sucks now...

seems like my pics are either soft(not that im particular but seems like it lack something), composition no good, and noisy pics, exposure also off...

my wife try to console me, says becos the weather no good, so bad light, the model i shoot not pretty so not nice... but i think i suck... :cry:

.... pick yourself up ................. get a new camera .............. or switch back to the Darkside ..... :devil:

psssssssssssssstttt.. you're not the only one.

Please refer to: Frustating Evening

Same feelings, huh? These happen when we're comparing ourselves to others, and believe, or rather push ourselves too hard to get the perfect shots for every click. Thats when the fun is gone, and frust kicks in. So what to do? Bring back the fun in whatever you do!

Hi Flowerpot

Every life has ups and downs. We have to learn and accept our destiny. If you feel down, we follow you. If you feel up, we follow you. Smile we are behind you all way to wondferful life

Cheer up dude, don't be too hard on yourself. It happens to all of us once in a while. Sometimes we are too caught up with the technicality of it all that we forgot why we started photography in the first place. I take lousy photos all the time, but its the part and puzzle of the process of learning. We don't always take nice photos, photography also have its bad days. My photoshop skills is worst until I considering back to shooting film, but still I continue to learn and not to be discourage. Worst case scenario sell all your gears, and you get to see all the cash in your hands, that might make you happy for a while :) Then get a compact cam, then you will feel limited and you will start buying back a DSLR again, then you will feel much better :)

Last edited:
bottle neck syndrome..hehe..,. cheer up, buddy, no worries, time to upgrade lenses..

recommend Voigtlander Septon 50mm F2 or schneider curgon 28mm F4...no one come close...

just need DKL-M42 adaptor, the Image quality will shock you again:kiss:check evil-bay

It's time to reset yourself.

I also suffer from this symdrone, but one thing, I learned ... know you weapons and yourself ... so you can utilise them to the full advantage..

I believe people who use Mark also got this problems...in SLR in you either churn out bluntly or above average.

Sometimes we overlooked certains things, I had some problems, but later realise the dial mode wasn's properly aligned, the metering mode I had used was wong combination with the ISO and flash output...and battery wasn't charged enough I didn't understand the len fonte is truely master the usage.

This thoughts are the game of the mind, what you think about your photos as you becomes ..."or game of the photographer mindeye"

I take photography as a game to play with the mind against the odds.

Your mind works like a magnet what your think you attracts. why not try this experiment of your mind and your photography.

If you're in a funk photographically, about the worst thing to do is to over analyze and fill yourself up with more "head knowledge." Just keep things simple (one body, one lens) and shoot without putting too much self expectation on the results. Take a break and hopefully you'll get a fresh new perspective on things.

This is called a slump.

You need to go into a retreat.
Drop your digital gear, grab a film camera(slr or pns), shoot a roll of ISO200 film. Re-discover the fun in photography again.

Status
Not open for further replies.