I secretly kept pictures of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AReality

Jun 9, 2003
visualjournalist.net
Haha... Ignore the topic...

The real qn is:
If you're [paid/not paid] to do a job, & after the job your [client/friend] [asks/tells/forces] you to delete the photos after sending him.

Will you?
The keyword is after.

BTW, imagine that the photos you took is more pro than your pro'est job ever... It is supposed to be a keeper.

Depends on your integrity of course....

Btw, you own the copyright and the pictures are actually yours. Even though its pictures of your friends. You are the creator and the owner. So you have the right to decide to erase or not.
;)

As for me... if I promise to erase, I normally do.
:D

actually, there are some factors here, hence my earlier post about the actual question - is it paid/unpaid? client or friend? all those is quite impt in that it determines if there's a contract there. but unless there's a legal agreement stating that copyright belongs to the organisation, the copyright is yours and you're free to do anything you like with.

but then you have to ask too, why does the client/friend want you to delete it in the first place?

Wai said:
Throw into recycle bin and then restore later? :D

or rename the file to some doc file so one can feel less guilty :p

Heh! That trick... or...
1) Show image preview on camera LCD.
2) Say: "See... i deleting".
3) Press delete.
4) Go home and undelete.

hahaha! But then where's the integrity old chap!
;)

Larry said:
actually, there are some factors here, hence my earlier post about the actual question - is it paid/unpaid? client or friend? all those is quite impt in that it determines if there's a contract there. but unless there's a legal agreement stating that copyright belongs to the organisation, the copyright is yours and you're free to do anything you like with.

but then you have to ask too, why does the client/friend want you to delete it in the first place?

I agree...unless the client paid the photo and there are contracts at the first place

if it is your friend and wan't paid.....i dun think he/she will stop u from keeping the shot rite?

[Good/Excellent] reply(s).

Hor...
But wat if you take the shot candidly, & your friend don't like the shot... But U think it's the best foto U've taken... :D

Hor...
But wat if you take the shot candidly, & your friend don't like the shot... But U think it's the best foto U've taken... :D
if you take the shot candidly, how does friend know the shot is being taken :blah:

Zplus said:
Heh! That trick... or...
3) Press delete.
4) Go home and undelete.

;)

can actually do that mei? :bigeyes:

i think the question concerns some nude photos... if not why insist must delete.. and why the photographer don't want to delete.

:D :D :D

AJ23 said:
With the appropriate software, yes.
apparently it's even possible to retrieve files from storage cards after the card's been formatted in the camera. i've never done it myself though so don't quote me on that (and certainly don't blame me if you can't retrieve your stuff).

It depends on whether your friend bought your rights to the pictures or not.
If he said he's paying for all your copies or the rights to reproduce and own your pictures, basically, he's buying your rights.

However, if he din do so, it all depends on how far you are willing to push your friendship then.

must be nude photos riiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhttttt????? hehehehe... cheekopek :embrass:

if it were me, i'd delete if my [friend/client/subject/father/mother] ask me to delete :D

but if my subject don't say anything, then have fuul copyright...
but then again... what if it's on film? run away already, or snip the fotos already still can print on negatives right??? the most jialat one is nude on film... :bigeyes:

Zplus said:
Heh! That trick... or...
3) Press delete.
4) Go home and undelete.

;)

Actually you have the right to keep the photos that you took off the street.

Singapore has no privacy law.

AJ23 said:
With the appropriate software, yes.

I know out of point:

Just like your hard disks. Just don't go writing more information on the card else it will use up the 'freed' space and u can say goodbye to the 'deleted' picts.

AReality said:
Haha... Ignore the topic...

The real qn is:
If you're [paid/not paid] to do a job, & after the job your [client/friend] [asks/tells/forces] you to delete the photos after sending him.

Will you?
The keyword is after.

BTW, imagine that the photos you took is more pro than your pro'est job ever... It is supposed to be a keeper.

If there is no contract binding the copyright, then I suppose it has to do with how close your relationship is with your [client/friend]

Not close, then can try the 'white lies' stunt as some mentioned. (recycle bin) :D

Close? then persuade till they say okay or write up some 'contract' to say its only for your personal portfolio. I think for a few shots they won't mind. Unless you're saying that ALL the photos are more pro?

Very close? Then I think your concious will eventually get the better of you! haha.

normally the photographer will keep the negatives or photos,
unless the client/friend wants it back... and that will cost some money then...
(selling copyrights of the photos...)

if not charging because of friend then maybe you can still ask to keep cos you are helping your friend taking for free....you are on the upper hand..got the say right

but never show or publicise any pictures of others without seeking approval first integrity is very important...

Status
Not open for further replies.