I saw Skypacker walking along CityLink!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpioh

Jul 17, 2007
Woodlands
with his 50-135. Cool Pentaxian on the street... Suspected it's him from behind. But too shy to say hi. :embrass:

with his 50-135. Cool Pentaxian on the street... Suspected it's him from behind. But too shy to say hi. :embrass:

Yes, I was there today; you should have called out. I was heading towards Funan after taking some photos at the esplanade. We could have met up for a beer:)

I ran into and spoke with Art2D2 at West Mall yesterday.:thumbsup:

I was also at IMM earlier in the afternoon. Didn't see any Pentaxian. Rarely do you get to see another pentax shooter at any event. Full of Canikoners with a sprinkling of Sony guys....the Pentax strap really sticks out and some people stare at the camera as if it's an alien artifact.:bsmilie:

Yes, I was there today; you should have called out. I was heading towards Funan after taking some photos at the esplanade. We could have met up for a beer:)

I was also at IMM earlier in the afternoon. Didn't see any Pentaxian. Rarely do you get to see another pentax shooter at any event. Full of Canikoners with a sprinkling of Sony guys....the Pentax strap really sticks out and some people stare at the camera as if it's an alien artifact.:bsmilie:

After a shoot, it's good to have a beer. :cheers:

We can do that after next Pentaxian outing.

Such friendliness makes me want to become a pentaxian :p

After a shoot, it's good to have a beer. :cheers:

We can do that after next Pentaxian outing.

its even better to have it b4 a shoot.. :bsmilie:

do u guys really experience people staring at you all weirdly when u guys uses ur pentax gear?

do u guys really experience people staring at you all weirdly when u guys uses ur pentax gear?
I thk u can try using a da 40 for that ultimate weird look on you. <: If you cant be the longest; be the shortest.

I met fellow pentaxian staring at my FA31. :dunno:

thats but of cos...i would do a double take if i saw anyone using the 31mm too... i almost bought tat lense but in the end got the 30mm sigma instead....

i realised u do use a 30mm sigma before...whats ur take on these both lenses?

ya..i also always get ppl staring at the PENTAX on my strap... hahaha...

But wonder what are they thinking in their mind: "Pentax? Ulu brand, y dun use N or C?" or "Must be pro..." Lol.

I saw 2 person (looks like Jap or Korean) in a day at different timing both using Pentax so maybe Pentax is a more popular out of Sg?

Blame it on brand awareness:bigeyes:

Pentax is not Ulu brand, it just takes more guts to use it.:thumbsup:

Think postive and be proud of selected few.

For me, photography is 95% skill, 3% budget & 2% brand.

Quite true that the brand awareness in SG is pretty bad. Even though I had been wearing the Red T-shirt walking around since I got it from Feng Wei and my friends are reading the text on it. But end of the day, the same question was still being asked.

"What is Pentax? :dunno:"

But wonder what are they thinking in their mind: "Pentax? Ulu brand, y dun use N or C?" or "Must be pro..." Lol.

Many have never even heard of pentax.
Eg. The same day (Saturday), while I was standing beside the esplanade steps and practising panning shots, another guy (carrying a Nikon D40) came up to me and asked if it was a "D80". This is despite the big red letters on the strap that say "PENTAX".

Many have never even heard of pentax.
Eg. The same day (Saturday), while I was standing beside the esplanade steps and practising panning shots, another guy (carrying a Nikon D40) came up to me and asked if it was a "D80". This is despite the big red letters on the strap that say "PENTAX".

Cannot blame him sicne from a distance, almost all DSLR looks more or less the same. Unless Pentax decided to paint the camera red, oh I mean the town red.:devil:

We also don't be surprised the design of DSLR comes from same design house.

Perhaps we should red Pentax cap as well, since all outings are outdoor.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.