I saw, I saw...a Pussy Cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvinlo

Dec 13, 2004
Yishun
I was squatting down and trying to get the perfect shot of the juvenile shrike again this evening (clear branch with nice BG) when the cat suddenly shot out from behind and pounded on the shrike, which happen to land just in front of me. Before I could recover from by shock, it ran away. funny the first thought that crossed my mind is "Oh no! My model is gone!"

Fortunately, the cat came back again later, and played with its prey. This time I managed to frighten the cat away and let the shrike escape. :bsmilie:

Only a little regret that I couldn't capture the moment when the cat pounded on the poor little fellow. Anyway, here are the shots:

The Almost Victim

Before being Pounded upon - Happily singing on the tree
P1010095480X640.jpg

After the narrow escape - Still dazed by the near-death experience. Notice the tail is missing
P1010135480X640.jpg

The Almost Predator

Thinking: "If not for the silly photographer..."
P1010144640X480.jpg

"Sigh....guess I have to find something else at the coffeeshop"
P1010142640X480.jpg

A rescue...the shrike land on the ground?

hey..post in AWA leh

Ender said:
A rescue...the shrike land on the ground?

Yah...Observed for many days that it flew down quite often to the ground for food. It fact, quite a number of times it actually came as near as three meters from where I'm squatting.

I knew one of these days it will get pounded by the cat(s) :think: . Many of them are hanging around. Anyway, I hope it survives long enough for me to get the perfect shot...:bsmilie:

Nice and sharp images...saw you today in the park...didn't know that you can get so close to the subject....

kayak said:
Nice and sharp images...saw you today in the park...didn't know that you can get so close to the subject....

Hi Kayak, nice to meet you :D Sorry I didn't talk to you much yesterday because I'm trying to shoot before the lighting becomes too dark to get a good BG.

From my limited experience, generally juvenile lts are easiler to approach, as long as you squat down and move slowly. The adult ones are far more careful - they usually stay on the tree top, so it's pretty hard to get a good shot of them...unless you are really fortunate :bsmilie:

well done, another life saved

Maybe I will try this weekend to see if I am lucky....

Status
Not open for further replies.