I receive this call...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
The caller ask " Do you speak mandarin..."

So I replied in Malay and sometimes in Tamil

hehe....so cheeky. :bsmilie:

Hey, I also get those calls... den I say 'huh? no... no...' and hang up.

anyone stuck around long enough to find out what they're calling about?

Hey, I also get those calls... den I say 'huh? no... no...' and hang up.

anyone stuck around long enough to find out what they're calling about?

Yes. I answered back with my best Mandarin and they sent me $800 for my effort to attempt a Mandarin conversation.

Just got a similar call. They are representing this coy "Global something2" asking if you have been to HK Disney. Din stay on the line long enough to find out more. Anyone can share more??

yeah .. first they say for survey ... then said you damn lucky kenna $$$ ... then ask you to pay for admin fees ... before you can claims $xxxxxx.oo ... :sweat:

Just got a similar call. They are representing this coy "Global something2" asking if you have been to HK Disney. Din stay on the line long enough to find out more. Anyone can share more??

LOL, yeah ,,,, same here .... they said I kenna $180,000.00 but want me to pay dunno how many k for the admin fees .. :thumbsd:

I am amazed if such a scam works. Need to pay upfront for something that is dangled in front, verbally.

I got these calls too, real nuisense.

Yup, I got it too earlier this week and like you didn't stay long enough to find out. My colleague received a similar call today and she couldn't speak Mandarin so she just hung up.

last nite i received an indian call from malaysia..killed it straight away. got no indian friends in malaysia. i think the best is not to answer it.

I am amazed if such a scam works. Need to pay upfront for something that is dangled in front, verbally.

Well, this type of scam seems to always work - it has worked in the past and continues to work - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_fee_fraud which this calling scam is a variation of.

Actually, this particular callings scam has been going through Malaysia recently and the scam has netted quite a number of victims (going by reports in the papers - one man even lost over RM1 million in the hopes of getting RM24 million)

They're playing a numbers game. To filter out the idiots from the average man on the street, so that the former will fall into the ploy and make a generous donation.

Hahaha

You guys should reply,
Oh Wo Bu Hui Jiang Hua Yu,

Zhi Hui Jian Zhe jiu
hai you Zhe jiu
he Zhe jiu
he zhe jiu
he zhe jiu
he zhe jiu
he zhe jiu
he zhe jiu
he zhe jiu