i really need help!

najib91

Oct 10, 2011
i don't know what camera that i want to buy there's D80,D5000,D90,D3100 or D5100?

some questions for u first:
1) haf u done ur own research n searched for reviews online about these cameras?
2) ever considered about other brands?

edit:
hmm i did abit of CSI n checked ur post history.

u had somewhat asked the same qns as before about upgrading ur system. rhino123 also gave u advice u to go for d90 or d7000. if u dunno the differences between each camera u listed, this shows that u didnt really read up on reviews online about these cameras

and the link to ur old thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/general-tech-talk/984894-amateur-semi-pro.html#post7503686

Last edited:
go to the shop and try it out..

if you like any of those just buy, if dont like dont buy..

if we choose one of the model for you and in the end you dont like it how?

It is time for the MODs to remove such threads (badly titled, badly posted contents). Lately too many around. They just take up space.......

TS started 2 threads with the same ill-defined requests. HELP..... help what!

Easy question, get the D5100. Buy it fast before the flood in Thailand disrupt local supplies.

there are more cameras than just those from Nikon. and yes. it's ridiculous no one goes to nikon's website to see the difference -.-

i don't know what camera that i want to buy there's D80,D5000,D90,D3100 or D5100?

help us to help you.

tell us what you like and dislike about the 5 cameras you just listed.

An drew said:
Easy question, get the D5100. Buy it fast before the flood in Thailand disrupt local supplies.

I don't see why the D5100 is an easy choice. The lack of a BIM is a deal breaker for me

shierwin said:
It is time for the MODs to remove such threads (badly titled, badly posted contents). Lately too many around. They just take up space.......

TS started 2 threads with the same ill-defined requests. HELP..... help what!

Definitely agree. Also ban Smglish.

Toooooooo many this type of threads around!!!!!!!!! Every week can see one or two.....

These are cameras from quite different generations - you would have to decide how much noise you can take , the newer cameras generally cost more but can handle noise better.

Next, you have to decide how advanced a camera you need. The upper tier models tend to have more features, but not everyone needs them. Cheers.

Something to take note is that the 4 digit models do not have in-camera AF motors.

TS have yet to log in to respond to the queries raised since he posted the Thread....... I think we're wasting our time!

If you yourself cannot answer the questions others have asked, then keep shooting with your cellphone cam. You're not ready for a DSLR yet.

So, why did you shortlist those models? Other than the obvious 2 reasons: Budget below 1.2k and it says "Nikon" on the front. What are your dislikes/likes about those models and which features of each appeal to you?

I suggest don't buy now ( since you don't know).
Buy when you know what you need.

TS log in an hour ago and did not reply to queries in this Thread!

I wonder... is this a continuation of previous thread that TS had started? If it was... why was the need to start this thread?

Second, there are still heaps of information that is missing,

things like -

1) budget,
2) features he/she wanted most,
etc

Then does TS go to the shops to actually had a feel of the cameras that he had listed down? And since he/she is familiar with Nikon does TS wanted to jump ship and try out other brands of camera?

If all these are not answered, then all of us are just wasting our time trying to help him/her and in the end he would just start another thread to ask people what camera to get again.

I don't see why the D5100 is an easy choice. The lack of a BIM is a deal breaker for me

A newbie is unlikely to have many legacy lenses so this is not an issue. Different story for you. You are spoilt for choice with the available AFS lenses.