I ordered Canon S9000 printer on Thursday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
...for US$440, and thought that that's was the lowest price I could get. Who knows that Dell dropped the price to US$349 on Saturday, plus giving 10% off!

That makes the final price from Dell US$323, more than US$110 cheaper than the price I got.....if only I have waited for 2 more days...

;( ;( ;(

Originally posted by roygoh
...for US$440, and thought that that's was the lowest price I could get. Who knows that Dell dropped the price to US$349 on Saturday, plus giving 10% off!

That makes the final price from Dell US$323, more than US$110 cheaper than the price I got.....if only I have waited for 2 more days...

;( ;( ;(

Moral of the story : Never rush into buying things. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Moral of the story : Never rush into buying things. :)

Regards
CK

I waited for more than a month checking the internet and Dell's website before finally making the move. The moral of the story is more like, "you can never wait long enough for the best deal"!

Murphy's law at work here...

I waited for more than a month checking the internet and Dell's website before finally making the move. The moral of the story is more like, "you can never wait long enough for the best deal"!

Murphy's law at work here...

Probably. Perhaps if you bought from Dell at US$323, then someone will probably have it for US$299 later. :(

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Probably. Perhaps if you bought from Dell at US$323, then someone will probably have it for US$299 later. :(

Regards
CK

The main cause of heart pain is the fact that Dell drop the price only 2 days after I placed the order with emscomputing. If that happen 3 months later, I would feel much less upset...:(

iAny price match from the place you bought? Or is it possible to return what you have purchased over in US?

two weeks after my friend place his order of a Proton car in Johor, I saw in the newspaper that Proton now gives promotion at price of RM8k+- lower.

I am sure there are some people who order the car a day before the advertisement...must be heart pain...but can't do anything...:( :cry:

doesn't it look like a typo to you? On the site S900 - US$349, S9000 - US$349. How can the S900 and S9000 be same price?

Quick buy another one?

;( ;( ;(

Hey Roy!
Can I use your address to ship to - I want to order 10u !!! Quick Quick Mass Order for S9000 from Dell.

Limited Time offer!!!!

FYI, in Singapore, the price is S$999.00 List dunno about street price yet as this printer was just launched last weekend.

At US$349 ~ S$630, good deal!!

Got this over at dpreview. Said that using the coupon code can knock off $40 from the original price of $349.

See this thread for details.

Only Dell USA...how to buy in Singapore?

Originally posted by Darren
Hey Roy!
Can I use your address to ship to - I want to order 10u !!! Quick Quick Mass Order for S9000 from Dell.

Limited Time offer!!!!

FYI, in Singapore, the price is S$999.00 List dunno about street price yet as this printer was just launched last weekend.

At US$349 ~ S$630, good deal!!

If I arrange that, I am going to charge US$12 per piece (non including the shipping fee) to make up for the $120 further discount I did not get. hehe:D

Originally posted by erwinx
doesn't it look like a typo to you? On the site S900 - US$349, S9000 - US$349. How can the S900 and S9000 be same price?

Quick buy another one?

It could be a typo. Remember the case in Singapore when Dell priced their notebook PCs online at only S$200+?

On the other hand, Dell does gove very good discounts from time to time. As of today (Mon), the price is still shown at US$349. I am spreading the new at my work place.

Some messages in dpreview seem to show that Dell has honoured that price and actually shipped the product. I guess the deal is, if you place an order at that price, ad they actually charged your credit card for that, they have to honour that by law. As long as they have not charged your credit card, they can still reject the order.

Wow that's a good deal at the price of US$349 with 10% discount it comes to about S$600, it's the same price for a Canon S820(S$599) here!

The cheapest I could find is about $960 for the Canon s9000 here in singapore, have to pay deposit first somemore, that's because the printers are on allocation and dealers can only get 3 pieces each, so pay deposit now, collect later .:angry:

Anyone buying? Everybody says it is a good deal...but no one take action yet?:dunno:

Originally posted by Kho King
Anyone buying? Everybody says it is a good deal...but no one take action yet?:dunno:

Kho King,
I was only joking lar ... the costs of getting the printers back to Singapore will cancel out the price difference.

And not to forget that the printer will be for US use (110v 50Hz) meaning that you would have to buy a converter for use here.

So, forget about buying the S9000 from US, and just wait for the price to drop here.

Originally posted by Kho King

Wah lao, you seriously thinking of asking me to get for you from US meh? :eek:

Like Darren said, it will not be worth it, even if the price is as low as US$300, considering the shipping cost (easily >US$100 for such a huge item), and operating voltage (you got to buy a transformer), plus the lack of warranty.

By the way, today the price at Dell went back to US$489, and I read some forum postings about Dell cancelling or delaying the orders made at the lower price. Is that supposed to make me feel better?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.