i need urgent advise on Circular polariser

Status
Not open for further replies.

song

Feb 23, 2002
homex.coolconnect.com
Hi i am ging down this evening to get the stuffs.
Please help me

I am thinking of using a cheap UV 43mm filter to be used as a adapter ring extension for my CLA-1. So i am going to buy a 43mm UV and circular polariser.

I wonder if at 43mm size, would the Circular polariser cause vigeneting at wide angle of 35mm in c4040z

Is it easy to get 43 mm lens cap and fitlers...?

Originally posted by song
Hi i am ging down this evening to get the stuffs.
Please help me

I am thinking of using a cheap UV 43mm filter to be used as a adapter ring extension for my CLA-1. So i am going to buy a 43mm UV and circular polariser.

I wonder if at 43mm size, would the Circular polariser cause vigeneting at wide angle of 35mm in c4040z

Is it easy to get 43 mm lens cap and fitlers...?

Common ones are like 52mm. Seldom see 43.

Originally posted by mpenza

43mm ones are more expensive.

THanks for all the advise on size4.

But i need to know more importantly, whether the circular poloariser would have vignetting effect on c4040z at wide angle of 35mm

Originally posted by song

THanks for all the advise on size4.

But i need to know more importantly, whether the circular poloariser would have vignetting effect on c4040z at wide angle of 35mm

Why not bring your camera down and try it out? If there is vignetting you can see it on the LCD...

Originally posted by ziploc

Why not bring your camera down and try it out? If there is vignetting you can see it on the LCD...

the problem is we need to order as it is not common

Maybe you could stack a few filters, if you have them or borrow them from the shop, to make the equivalent of the polariser's thickness. You'll know then whether there will be vignetting.

Originally posted by taicw
Maybe you could stack a few filters, if you have them or borrow them from the shop, to make the equivalent of the polariser's thickness. You'll know then whether there will be vignetting.

found a way to test. Use paper rolled up and slotted into the lens barrel gap. The extension provided by the paper would duplicate the effect of the stacking of polariser. Then you will be able to see if got problem.

i don't think will get vignetting..... some people stack two UV lense to prevent crash but never complain about vignette

Originally posted by looteer
i don't think will get vignetting..... some people stack two UV lense to prevent crash but never complain about vignette

looter, thanks.

Really c4040z does not need a spacer. Just a 43mm UV filter would cause the lens to crash. But it is really close. Almost touching. I think if got sand such scratch lens and filter.

you step up 43-52, of course no vignette lah.......:D

you step up 43-52, of course no vignette lah.......:D

hi,

for info, i have tried the 43mm polariser and got a little bit of vignetting. It is so mild that it is just blur corners.

song,
you mean a 43mm cir. polarizer cause very mild vignetting??

did you stack on top of your UV filter or directly on CLA-1??

song,
you mean a 43mm cir. polarizer cause very mild vignetting??

did you stack on top of your UV filter or directly on CLA-1??

nothing. Never stack with UV. Just CLA-1 without extender.

song,
where did you get your circular polariser?? i m thinking of getting one for myself....

thanks.....

btw how much did you pay for it?

bought one Kenko 52mm cir pol for $25 at photo guide. Hoya one is around $30+ (price as at 7Jun02)

72mm Hoya one is selling at $60 at photo Guide

thanks ITD,
i m actually looking for 43mm ones.....

understand that its quite difficult to find.......

thanks ITD,
i m actually looking for 43mm ones.....

understand that its quite difficult to find.......

i brought my 52 mm circular polariser at AP for $25. Hoya ones....

Status
Not open for further replies.