I Need to Borrow Lens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. actually if there's no one shooting digital, either u or ur friend shooting as backup may wanna consider doing a digital take. Ideally try to communicate with all the photogs beforehand if u can. Can get some advice, esp from the main photog. & go for the rehersals if it's a church wedding & u're not familiar with it. It'll be especially helpful to know the proceedings for both the church wedding (things like when the solemnisation is, how it's done, & where the signing is, etc) & the traditional ceremonies taking place at the homes.

One other advantage, esp of digital backup I find is that u can shoot things the main photog cannot also focus on. Since there's 2 backups, u 2 can take turns to look out for other interesting moments, like the parents' looks on their faces, the choir, the relatives, etc.

Extra batt is impt, both for flash, & ur cam if u know it can't last the whole day.

will u wanna use a 28-135mm IS USM lens? i've got one to lend u, pls a 90mm prime (and mebbe a 70-200mm/f4L by then). if u want, just drop me a note? i shldn't be shooting anything dat day. :D

:D :D

Oh man... :sweat: All these lens offerings are starting to make me feel stressed. It's making me feel that I need to produce extremely excellent pictures with such a wide range of lens.

You guys are all so nice... :lovegrin:

But I need to plan which lens I might need. I can't bring so many lens after all. And I need to talk to the other backup to see what he is using before I decide to take a digital or film camera.
(I was thinking digital, since I have learnt to convert colour to b+w using photoshop by changing the hue and saturation of the picture.)
I fear that the battery in the digital SLR may not be able to last the whole day. (can it?)

Anyway, thanks to everyone who offered lens/flash/cameras/tips. :) Greatly appreciated by the amateurish me.

Does anyone have any wedding shoot experiences and would want to share them?
(I swear to go for SEED after my finals during my holidays...... Speaking of which, I should be studying!!!)

It take me quite sometime to go thru this thread, seem like the widest lens you can borrow is 24-85 I guess. Any1 offer you the 17-35L or whatever in this range? You needs very wide angle to shoot for group and tea ceremony.

If possible and I strongly suggest, being a 2nd camera with you. Since you got backup photographer, it is not a problem and they will help you.... ;)

Shoot film better ... :thumbsup:

Anyway, I dun use Canon ... :D

Bring a 2nd camera??!!

*looks at her arm muscles* Hello, muscles, are you up for it??

*silence*

I think I need to go do pushups... :cry:

:p

I agree with SniperD, bringing too many gears will have to make too many decision to make as to which gear to use, couple with lack of experience, very bad combination.

Remember, dont shadow the main photog :nono: , he/she may not like it.

Ask your backup photographer to carry for you .... :bsmilie:

Anyway you only need 1 cam to shoot, 2nd cam just put inside your bag just in case your 1st cam .... :hung:

I agree with the 2nd camera idea ... insurance. In case your main cam breaks down, even if there are other photographers. You want to be able to give your sinsei images that *you* took ... it'll mean a lot more.

I'd suggest a simple but good P&S, eg. Olympus Mju-II (this is getting to be a bit of an old chestnut with me, I've suggested it a few times in this forum !). If all else fails, you still have a spot-metered film camera with a 35mm f/2.8 lens :)

I'll lend you mine if you can't find one. It's nice and light, so you don't need extra sessions in the gym to get "Schwartzenegger Arms (tm)".

It has saved me once ... had a presentation ceremony with senior management, I was the unofficial (and only) photographer there (organiser did not plan properly, dragged me in last minute), film SLR did not work well for some reason, never mind, just whip it out, load film, and shoot. Nice quick shutter response, nicely exposed images.

Interesting ... I also got this Olympus Mju-II point and shoot camera. But I seldom used it .. brought it when my Mom went for travel and in fact the results surprised me which in some situation you needs to crack your head for difficult lighting.... :sweatsm:

But I will not suggest this to be 2nd camera unless you got no other alternatives. You needs to look like a pro during the shooting .... even if you are not a pro yet .. :sweat:

Well, I don't quite mind looking like some overloaded lass on that day.

If I were to bring 2 cameras, I would rather bring one of my own and a DSLR that some kind soul is going to lend me. :)

Thanks for the suggestions, ya? :)

Still drawing out 'battle plans'. :bsmilie:

My sentiments exactly, Knight ... it's a no-brainer camera, very easy to get good looking images. Only thing to watch out for is that the flash is teeny-tiny ... in a dark church, need to get closer in.

Poledra, you also have to think about equipment security, especially borrowed stuff. That's why I'd recommend that you just have one set of "pro" gear, tested as much as you can before the shoot, and as backup, something simple. You'd likely be harried that day, and may forget things ... either leaving the bag somewhere, or just as bad, forgetting to zip things up properly (a friend of mine once did that ... just grabbed the bag, and all lenses & bodies tipped out, luckily on grass).

In any case, it's fun planning this out, and I hope you come up with a comfortable plan ... emphasis on "comfortable" :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.