I need help

mahathirqiubal

Feb 22, 2014
Bedok,Singapore
How do i change my focus point from rectangle to many dots?
And the lens on second photo, is it fisheye lens ?

Attachments

• $image-417038961.jpg
    $image-417038961.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5
  • $image-146858537.jpg
    $image-146858537.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 9
How do i change my focus point from rectangle to many dots?
And the lens on second photo, is it fisheye lens ?

1. Get out of live view. In live view you only have the box
2. It's fisheye, but might not be a fisheye lens. There are ways to achieve such an effect without a fisheye lens, such as with phone apps or Photoshop

I've change to afquick mode and still rectangle ? I'm on canon 600d.
Do you know any apps that make that effect ?

Attachments

• $image-2543017183.jpg
    $image-2543017183.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 5
Read the manual. How to do it should be there (if you are allowed)...

I think you really should not use live view mode. Haha the dots are in the viewfinder

I didnt use it. Look on my replied thread.

dude
live view is when you're using the LCD or rear screen to make photo .

use the small glass window. that one has many dots

LCD screen shooting is Live View and only gives you rectangle. no dots.

you may also be glad to know you can download your manual from Canon website for free. since you are on the internetz I think you would reasonably have access to canon site.

the manual is very useful although we must be determined to make the effort

Man, you should really read that manual. Then you can understand the terms we tell you in here.

Based on his post history he has the 600D before 20 June at the latest and was asked to read the manual in that post.

Bobian, when he doesn't bother to get the manual...

Last edited:
I guess TS don't know what is live view, what is viewfinder..........

to TS, you need to peel into the tiny window above the TV screen (camera monitor), that I heard someone call it eye hole (viewfinder).

and I don't think you can install an app into your camera to make fisheye effect, the most usual way what people do is to use a fisheye lens, you can do that with wideangle lens converter but the effect is really bad, photoshop can do that too, but that is just really fake.

maybe camera manufacturers should consider install the user manual into the camera, so users can just need to press F1 key to ask for help, and the user manual will pop up.

no. camera vendors must make the owners or potential operators go for handling training before handing over

but oops that will kill the market where people just want to buy a nice camera.

luckily Thread starter did not buy a camera which doesn't have scene modes.

Here is the instruction manual for Canon 600D: http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/7/0300008087/03/EOS_600D_Instruction_Manual_EN.pdf

As mentioned above, live view is when you're using the rear LCD screen to shoot. AF quick mode doesn't mean you're not using live view. You need to look through the viewfinder if you want to use the "dots" to focus

As for apps, you can't load apps into your Canon DSLR, but you can search for "fisheye" in your phone's app store to search for apps that apply the fisheye effect with your phone camera

Possible troll?

TS: this thread and the answers here are there to help you. Deleting it because you are not happy with the answers given is not the solution but rather reflects about your state of mind. For your own good, refrain from such rash actions.
It would be good if you can feedback about how you resolved the problem so that other people can learn as well.
Thread restored.

Last edited: