I need advise from my canon friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

nroberts119

Nov 6, 2008
I am coming to Singapore for the first time in a few weeks and need some advise. I wanted to find a reasonably priced good Indian restaurant as well as a reasonably prices good Sushi restraunt. Can anyone please help? I would really appreciate it.;p:cheers:

I am coming to Singapore for the first time in a few weeks and need some advise. I wanted to find a reasonably priced good Indian restaurant as well as a reasonably prices good Sushi restraunt. Can anyone please help? I would really appreciate it.;p:cheers:

Jurong Point Basement-2 ... you can find good sushies (is that how you spell for plural?:bsmilie:) at reasonable price. But as usual, have to queue for awhile.

Cheers,

.... and welcome to Singapore :heart:

Thread moved to a more suitable forum.

with respect to your questions, I think everyone is more then happy to help you, not just Canon users.

Bro, this was voted Best Indian Restaurant Of The Year 2008 By Singapore Business Review.
http://www.rangmahal.com.sg/

Don't eat too much, okay? :bsmilie: Cheers and have a good time. Welcome to Singapore.

Little India/Race Course Road area, lots of Indian restaurants. From town area Dolby Ghaut MRT (subway) station, take North East Line up to Little India Station.

Alternatively if you are at the Suntec City area, one of the Indian restaurants in Little India opened a branch restaurant there, so you don't have to travel to Little India area.

For transport, if you are relying on public transport like bus & MRT, you can consider getting a stored-value-card to tap on/tap off. Much easier than keeping coins & exact change for your trips. If you are going to tourist areas a bit further away from town, like the zoo or bird park, than taxis would be much faster as public transport would be time consuming. You should spend more time at the zoo or bird parks than on bus/trains.

Last edited:
TS....

For a well-priced Sushi/Japanese restaurant.... try Minori.

http://www.minori.com.sg/index.html

They serve Ala-Carte Buffet style..... For one Adult price, you could order as much as you want from the menu. A dinner or luch for 2 normally cost below $80 SGD (depends on the drinks you ordered).

Minori sever both Sushi (cold dish)... and cook food (hot dish). So, you could have the best of both world. :thumbsup:

The one with a Suntec branch would be Muthu's, famed for its Fish Head curry. But its gone upmarket, and so is not cheap. If you don't need a fancy place, try Banana Leaf Apollo at Little India Arcade(more spacious than the Race Course outlet not far away), it was actually started by the brother of the more famous Muthu's founder. Both these places started out as South Indian restaurants but have expanded their menu to include North Indian food.

But for good, affordable South Indian the best place is Gandhi Restaurant at Chander Road around the corner from Apollo. Its sort of a local's place that you won't find in any guidebook. Don't be scared off by the queue, that's only if you want to get takeaway. They don't have a fixed menu, you just choose what you want from what they have behind the counter. The chicken kurma and dalcha (curries) are the best, and my personal non-spicy favourite dish is the fish puttu(a sort of fried minced fish) and the chicken 65. My family gets takeaway from them once a week, and the rice they give you for a single set meal is more than enough to feed 4 people with leftovers. :p

Best is to go with a couple of friends, so you can get a few different set meals. Or if you can eat it all, just order additional dishes. As with most traditional Indian places, you get a free flow of rice, vegetables and rasam (a soup of sorts, but no bowls-you mix it into your rice).

Have fun!

Gandhi is a good bet.
Eaten there few times.
Crowd is un-pretentious.
Have seen local entertaining his easy going Caucasian pals there.

Status
Not open for further replies.