i need advice on how to handle dslr.

I believe fungus is not a problem if you use your lenses everyday and let them have some exposure to sunlight.

I've left some lenses outside for weeks attached to my film cameras (no space in dry cabinet) and don't notice any fungus or degradation in image quality.

actually you are right too!
but i'm gonna get it within 2 weeks..
need 1-2 week has my pay is coming 1-2weeks time only.

thats why..... hmm and i'm like only a student..

Sadly, I have to agree with question Brother Dennis had put forth ... is DSLR a fashion accessory now?

Some don't even know how to use the accessories fully! Last Friday, was next to Clark Quay taking photos, and this couple was posing using flash, but the flash was pointed skyward, with no bounce or anything, just a diffuser. As I had a bad experience of giving someone a tip or two, decided to just keep quiet and whip out my own flash and bounce, and I guess they felt ashamed, decided to walk away!

So sad.

Please, give that couple a break. Everyone buy a DSLR for a reason, no matter good or bad or showing off (but what to show off ?? just a DSLR).
I also use my flash to point upward with nothing to bounce at. Sometime I even turn my flash facing myself cause I only want to use my flash AF assist.

If you are using the camera on a daily basis, you don't have to worry about fungus. Try to use it everyday until you have the money to get the dry cabinet.

actually you are right too!
but i'm gonna get it within 2 weeks..
need 1-2 week has my pay is coming 1-2weeks time only.

thats why..... hmm and i'm like only a student..

Oops, almost forgot why I'm here Sorry.
You can always start something simple like dry box with silicon gels.The only trouble is that you need to 'bake' the gels often.
Then slowly choose(save up for) a good dry cabinet and use for a long long time.

I know of people who don't have a dry cabi and are still doing fine. They on their room aircon every night and apparently the low rh of the room at night breaks the growth cycle of the fungi and prevents it from growing, even though the room can be humid in the day.

I know of people who don't have a dry cabi and are still doing fine. They on their room aircon every night and apparently the low rh of the room at night breaks the growth cycle of the fungi and prevents it from growing, even though the room can be humid in the day.

wrong assumption.

when u can't see it doesn't means its ok. fungus dun grow that fast unless the environment very conducive.

unless u go under the scope and see it then u may find something in the initial stage.

cos when u finally saw it, its too late already.

Exactly, the microscopic fungi spores are air borne and its everywhere with the slightess wiff of air...it doesn't stay on the ground and floors.

Try leaving your equipment in the bag or mount it on a tripod and leave it idling for a week on a normal room without A/C.

Your equipment may have already picked up the fungi spores the moment it leaves the production line and stayed dormant until the ideal catalysts awakens its growth, heat, humidity and prolonged non-usage.
I've left my cameras on grass patches and on the floor countless times and i've yet to get any fungus growth in my equipment.

Hope this forum doesn't get overboard.

Never hurt to err on the side of caution. If you haven't seen any fungus growth doesn't mean you haven't pick up any. :D

I think the no putting on the floor and grass is rather extreme. You pick up fungi spores from the air too but it doesn't mean you don't bring your camera out to shoot isn't it? Shoot more and don't worry so much.