I need advice on getting a tripod!

Dear all, I am quite new to photography and I own a D5000. After about a year I bought an 18-200 mm lens. My old tripod which came free with the camera can no longer sustain the weight of my camera with the new lens, hence I need a new tripod.

I've learnt from my first cheapo tripod that I want one with a ballhead, cos one with three screws just takes too long to set up.

I'm also currently a student, so I don't have a lot of money. Hence I am hoping for one that is bang for the buck.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

cleonbus

Deregistered
Nov 18, 2006
Kuala Lumpur
You did not state your 'budget' so the best bang for the buck would be a Gitzo legs and Markins ballhead:thumbsup:

coolthought

Jun 23, 2008
no budget???
We can recommend tripod that cost $20 to $1000 and each one of them can be "bang for the buck"

MRSAMO

Nov 17, 2008
Australia->Japan
The lower end manfrottos are not bad but flimsy and the head is quite weak. Got a mate that has one and he bought it for the brand name.

That fancier tripod looks alright though I don't really like the big serial number on the leg. I've got something similar (also made in China) which has solid legs, not too heavy and not too light.

Top Bottom