I need a D100!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
ok just wanna kao beh abit hahaha

recently managed to get a permanent job (at last!!) so i can start saving for a decent cam... at the moment, there u go, in the title, it wat i'm aiming for. as for the lens... well that's another problem ehhe

anyway, i'm gonna go full bull and stretch photography as far as i can as a hobby/freelance, so if u guys wanna encourage me to save more so i can get this sooner, then this is the thread for it!!!

hmm like abit bhb, asking pple to pat my back... :confused: :embrass:

pls hor... dun ask me to BUY BUY BUY, i already know that!

ask me SAVE SAVE SAVE better! and hor, suggestions for lenses would be good too.

FIRST priority, i wanna (and have been) shoot weddings and portraiture.

:sweatsm:

AF-S 17-35/2.8
AF-S 24-120VR
AF-S 70-200VR
AF-S 300/2.8
SB800 x 3 (1 main, 2 slave)

What you waiting for?

BUY BUY BUY

ok lor.. if u wanna talk about wish list, here goes:

2 x d2h (1 for backup!!), afs17-35f2.8d, afs28-70f2.8d, af50f1.4d, af135f2 afsvr70-200f2.8g, afstc-14e and sb800dx

i'm thinking.. for shooting weddings, the 17-35 and the 28-70 will be quite heavy rite?

i talking machiam i going to make my purchase of the above list soon like that..

:devil: :devil:

no money to buy yet... so kao beh first lor! hehe

but seriously i dun think i can afford the 28-70f2.8 for my first lens... so wat should i do if i wanna shoot weddings? prob the 24-120VR right?

you can give Tokina 28-70MM ATX Pro f2.8 a try :bigeyes: . it can be heavy :gbounce: given it solid construction and being a reputable lens. no other 3rd party lens can come close to it. so far i have try on wedding and group events :cheers:

Luval said:
you can give Tokina 28-70MM ATX Pro f2.8 a try :bigeyes: . it can be heavy :gbounce: given it solid construction and being a reputable lens. no other 3rd party lens can come close to it. so far i have try on wedding and group events :cheers:
so it's about as heavy as the nikkor, but cheaper i guess?

thanx for the suggestion ;)

dude...

wanna join the L club?

satisfaction guaranteed... :cool: :cool: :cool:

clive :hammer:

You stay out of this :bsmilie: :blah:

:cool:

hehe..
coz joho wanna go full bull so i offer him full bull gear suggestions
anywayz humour only ah...jo, keep us updated. remember juz dont loose steam n u be shooting like a king in no time

cheerz 4 u :thumbsup:

Slow and steady wins the race :) All the best to your photography as a hobby and freelance career! Have you considered a manual film camera (ala the FM2, FM3A) as your first 'decent' cam?? or maybe even a F90x, F80 or even F100? ok ok, you are hearing this from a film traditionalist here haha. Good luck!

don't "buy buy buy", that's a very bad tactic/strategy.

the one you should employ should be... "save save BUY BUY BUY!" :devil: :blah:

for weddings, this is my usual set-up in terms of lens (if im going digital, it probably have to change to suit the crop in factor). a 24-85 to cover all the main events, and a 105mm for portrait work. good enough liao! you won't have much time to fiddle around with changing lens here and there, especially when things are moving fast n furious. work with what you have, use your feet (whenever possible) to get closer, etc.
ok, if you want, when budget permits, u can add in a wide angle zoom and telephoto zoom...but to me, that's just overkill. most clients won't appreciate the 'artistic' shots you tend to get with those lens. just my very very humble opinion!!

jOhO said:
no money to buy yet... so kao beh first lor! hehe

but seriously i dun think i can afford the 28-70f2.8 for my first lens... so wat should i do if i wanna shoot weddings? prob the 24-120VR right?

:p

How about 2 prime then? With your skills, that shouldn't be too tough for you. :think:

Or perhaps 1 prime wide, and 1 er... let's say 24-85?

Try the 24-120 VR, good enough for a wide variety of work, the VR is the added bonus to low light. This should be your walk-around lens.

For portraiture, the classic 85mm f/1.8 is the best choice, since you're on a budget. If you got the $$$, get the 85 mm f/1.4 :devil: These two are THE portrait lenses from Nikon, sharp, contrasty, and has been considered to have the best bokeh of any F-mount lens.

If you need a wide or interested in doing landscape, the 12-24mm DX is the best price/performer. There is nothing equivalent in terms of quality at that price. The Sigma lens has received reviews of being soft unless you step up to f/8.0 or higher. There is no equivalent on the L side :devil:

ok let me be the first to swim against the current...

SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!!!! :rbounce:

but seriously, if you're on a starting budget, then Luval's suggestion of the Tokina is a good one, if you can find one that's in acceptable condition. otherwise the 50mm f/1.8 is a cheap and super-good lens too. and if you're shooting weddings and events, then i'd suggest the 18-35mm and not the 17-35 AF-S to begin with, cos with the FLM, you crop out most of the barrel distortion anyway. otherwise 3rd party lenses are worth exploring as well. :D

Watcher said:
For portraiture, the classic 85mm f/1.8 is the best choice, since you're on a budget. If you got the $$$, get the 85 mm f/1.4 :devil: These two are THE portrait lenses from Nikon, sharp, contrasty, and has been considered to have the best bokeh of any F-mount lens.
oooh, i agree wtih Watcher on this, esp on a D100. i know the 135mm f/2 has gotten rave reviews, but honestly, a 135mm with x1.5FLM would give you something like a 200mm prime, which is hard to work with for portraits. even a 105mm is a little limiting unless you like to go for facial close-ups. but that's my style, others would of course differ in opinion.

Let me try to be irritating to jOhO. :p
I need a 10D
Heheheehe....dun ask me join the L club...boh lui :(
And then I also dunno wat lens to use (not L of course)
Talking about 3rd party lens....had enough of my plastic lens :angry:

And lastly joho: SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE SAVE...then BUY BUY BUY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.