I need a D100!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luval said:
later i gotten my first very own .. "Nikon" it was a Fm10 .. complete with a 35-70 mm "plastic lens" .. in year 2002. when i gotten my big bonus... paid for a F80 and a 2nd ATX Tokina 28-70mm F2.8 from a friend.. but i was eyeing for his F3A Automatic focus edition camera. The only series that have a full auto focus system and titianium shutters.. damn cool

and finally now.. i am also saving for a D100 or S2pro (2nd hand).. so any sellers out the :) S20 pro or D100.. ???

lol! my first 'decent' cam was a Pentax mz-50 in 1999, then i jumped ship and crossed over to the F90x, then now F100 and D100 hehe! when placed similar prints from a F100 and a D100, i will choose the F100's print anytime. until the day i cant distinguish the two, is the day i cross over fully to digital :)

Luval said:
and finally now.. i am also saving for a D100 or S2pro (2nd hand).. so any sellers out the :) S20 pro or D100.. ???

for straight out of camera images (with minimal post processing), definitely the S2pro as it gives better and richer colours than the D100...very good if you are doing high volume work like weddings and events, when your turnover is very fast.
but if you have the time to PS, and with the right custom curves, basically there isn't much to differentiate between the two. in fact, i think you are better off with the D100, cos it handles so much better with the MB-D100 attached :) forget about the reported sync-speed difference....its a conspiracy?? :p do a practical tests between the two...you'll find the sync speeds are the same.

ok, back to the topic :)

Wha.. My first decent camera was a 1D..

Ok, i'm dreaming. Haha.. You should add the 50mm f1.0L to your list, obviously after you get the 10D with 550EX flash.

HAHA. :D

Stereobox said:
for straight out of camera images (with minimal post processing), definitely the S2pro as it gives better and richer colours than the D100...very good if you are doing high volume work like weddings and events, when your turnover is very fast.
but if you have the time to PS, and with the right custom curves, basically there isn't much to differentiate between the two. in fact, i think you are better off with the D100, cos it handles so much better with the MB-D100 attached :) forget about the reported sync-speed difference....its a conspiracy?? :p do a practical tests between the two...you'll find the sync speeds are the same.

Actually I was very bad, and wanted to ask jOhO to get one of each, then he has the best of whole world :bsmilie:

Let's see, 10D, D100, S2 Pro ... what else? :devil:

espn said:
Actually I was very bad, and wanted to ask jOhO to get one of each, then he has the best of whole world :bsmilie:

howzabouta D2H.....

espn baaaaaaaaddd!

Stereobox said:
so joho .... you seriously not getting a film camera for your first decent cam huh?? :p imho, that's the best way to get started in SLRs....learn the very basics of getting things right in the first place, instead of messing around with controls like white balance, color space gamut, custom curves etc not to mention exposure settings...then later fixing stuff in PS or covering up mistakes with fancy effects. (that's not photography liao..that's more like digital artistry). uh-oh, hope i dont get flamed by the digi-fanatics here!! :p

in fact, it was your thread subject which caught my attention ... i wonder what could be so special about the D100 that you need it so desparately :) personally i use a D100 in the course of my work too, so im wondering if i had missed out on a special function or purpose of the D100 haha! remember, its not always about how fancy, advanced or expensive your equipement which makes a memorable picture (although it can help lah!) :)

again, just my very humble opinions...
hey yo!

thanx for ur input, but i've had substantial experience with a cam already... whether it's a "decent" cam or not i dunno (cp5700) so that's why i'm sticking with digital, it's something i feel most comfortable with for now. i wanna further my skill and expertise in photography and hopefully weddings, that's why i need the speed and flexibility in an SLR. so with these two points, i came up with digital + slr! ;p

i'm sure years down the road, i wouldn't mind trying full manuals on film just to get a feel of what i'm "missing out" but for now, i believe i'm most comfortable taking this route. if i were to switch to film now, my learning curve is gonna be steep, which is not what i want; wanna get right into it and start shooting great shots for couples and events.

of course u're absolutely right, it's not the cam, it's the photographer. ;)

espn said:

:sweat: :sweat:

i worry about carrying all the different lenses... too heavy. :bsmilie:

Stereobox said:

hey yeah, that's wat i heard about the s2pro too... looks like i have alot of research to do... no worries, i have heaps of time, saving is a VERY time consuming process... :sweatsm:

joho, let me share with you the best advice ever given to me.

Get a sugar-daddy/mummy*

*Delete where appropriate.

jOhO said:
hey yeah, that's wat i heard about the s2pro too... looks like i have alot of research to do... no worries, i have heaps of time, saving is a VERY time consuming process... :sweatsm:

and no doubt you must have factored in the inevitable issue of upgradability right? digital imagery technology moves along at such a fast pace, you'll find your dream camera of today obsolete tomorrow. you might have a problem getting a buyer in the resale market by then. and that's one of the reasons why camera manufacturers are moving in the direction of digital photography now ... so that they can push and sell new products from season to season, where as traditional film imagery has more or less stabilised/stagnated already = slower sales.
then again, with film, i can pick up a leica from the 1930s, a russian-made FED from the 50s, a japanese rangefinder from the 60s, a classic nikon SLR from the 70s or an 80s point-n-shoot XA...and still use it to take good pictures (provided of course they are well-maintained :p ) whereas, would you still use one of those mavica digicams with floppy as storage and compromise your image quality? i forsee the same fate with the 300D... just like computer hardware. for me, digital photography (for now) is more for professionals or hardcore enthusiasts who have the need, capability and the $ to appreciate the advances that digital photography offers.

i sound very negative right?? :p come...join the Dark(room) Side!

Then go and buy, what you waiting for ? :devil:

not everyone photostats money like some people here you know... :bigeyes:

showtime said:
not everyone photostats money like some people here you know... :bigeyes:

Well said :)

Some ppl just dun understand.........

jnifur: I'm too poor to own a D100 lah, you buy give me instead? Can?

Garion: By hook and by crook right? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.