i need a bit of help.

stussy

Oct 30, 2010
Hi i would like to seek for advice or help about my nikon d300. Currently i bought a nikon d300 body from a CS user and when i use the camera i will normally shoot jpeg instead of raw. So when i start shooting it looks ok on the display screen and when i transfer the files on my computer it looks -1 to -1/2 stops.

Can i get some advice and help whats wrong with the camera im using? Thanks for your kind help.

Check the brightness of the LCD screen.

Next, compare the histogram of the same photo on both the camera and your computer. Then you will be able to diagnose the problem.

you probably need to calibrate your monitor..

Hi i would like to seek for advice or help about my nikon d300. Currently i bought a nikon d300 body from a CS user and when i use the camera i will normally shoot jpeg instead of raw. So when i start shooting it looks ok on the display screen and when i transfer the files on my computer it looks -1 to -1/2 stops.

Can i get some advice and help whats wrong with the camera im using? Thanks for your kind help.

This is natural with Nikon Camera. They are designed to underexposed ard 2/3 stops.

This is not a fault with the camera. That is because if you understand digital, the dynamic range is the same as positive/slides. Slightly over-exposed means no data which is not salvageable. The RAW mode for Nikon, using the proper Nikon imaging software like CaptureNX2, you can boost a 2-stops exposure easily for a uncompressed RAW file. The RAW NEF save a lot of data and you'd be surprise what it can do.

Alternatively, you can also use Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 software to input a personalised customised image curve into your camera so that to minimise the 'post-processing' work on your images.

I believe you're a new nikonian, if you wish to know more, we can arrange a meetup 'coffee' session. :)

iirc, the preview you get on the LCD screen is actually one that comes with your picture style(not sure what is it call in Nikon terms), even if you shoot RAW.

so the best way to get the most accurate preview is to set your picture style to neutral as RAW files are definitely not as bright and vibrant as JPEGs.

if you're worry, just send it to NSC... the malay uncle at there is very helpful...

Oh yeah that malay uncle he once talk to me his nice ggga. Guys really thanks. Im new to nikon d300 cuz i recently uses d90 but d90 dosent have this issue so when i change to d300 then i encounter this problem. So kinda noob when comes to a pro camera hahah but learning thnx aniways guys :)