i miss In Camp Training ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
seriously, after completing 10 years cycle, i kinda of miss army life.. going ICT to me is like having a break from work... free food, sleep bed ... :sweatsm:

Last edited:
Not me. The day that I received my end of reservist letter was as exhilirating as the day that I received my ROD (ORD today) certificate. I did enjoy the company and comradship of my mates but hated the "hurry up and wait" events that happened so often.

How I wish I am working in a company such that going for reservist would seem like a holiday break for me.
For me - reservist means a drop in income.
But going for reservist is enjoyable for the comradie. Still, I think I had enough. My MR letter should be (hopefully) coming in about a few months' time.

How I wish I am working in a company such that going for reservist would seem like a holiday break for me.
For me - reservist means a drop in income.
But going for reservist is enjoyable for the comradie. Still, I think I had enough. My MR letter should be (hopefully) coming in about a few months' time.
enlighten me, dont saf pay u as what u receive in ur civilian pay?

cos i heard that if ur income is real high, chances of getting called for reservist is v low

enlighten me, dont saf pay u as what u receive in ur civilian pay?

cos i heard that if ur income is real high, chances of getting called for reservist is v low

Own company lah... so although I receive a salary, there will certainly be a level of business reduction when away. Thus SAF's re-imbursement of my salary to my company is not enough to counter for that.
SAF has been calling me annually for the past 10 years. :dunno: Pay not high enough...

Own company lah... so although I receive a salary, there will certainly be a level of business reduction when away. Thus SAF's re-imbursement of my salary to my company is not enough to counter for that.
SAF has been calling me annually for the past 10 years. :dunno: Pay not high enough...

I tink only only worker loves ICT/RT:D. Boss/self-employed hate ICT/RT. :angry:
Boss loves FT coz they no need ICT/RT. Pure singaporean end up jobless coz no boss will like worker who always go ICT/RT. unless u are a boss, if not, u wouldn't understand what i'm saying. (btw i own a retail shop)

depends rite? if u are a commander, there're so much briefing/things to do...where got time to relax.

I tink only only worker loves ICT/RT:D. Boss/self-employed hate ICT/RT. :angry:
Boss loves FT coz they no need ICT/RT. Pure singaporean end up jobless coz no boss will like worker who always go ICT/RT. unless u are a boss, if not, u wouldn't understand what i'm saying. (btw i own a retail shop)

Hello Jollin. Wah... impressed. You are a member of the gentler gender. And yet your know all about reservist.

Hello Jollin. Wah... impressed. You are a member of the gentler gender. And yet your know all about reservist.

no offense to all workers, if u are a boss, do u tink u will employed a worker that kept going for 'holiday' ICT/RT? i rather employ someone from further up north that can work for me in a normal working hours rather than do all the admin/paperwork to make claim for ICT/RT. As i said..only self employ personal will understand, tat's y nowadays everywhere u see are FT. Its really 'mah-fan' to employ pure pure born in singapore locals. :cry:

no offense to all workers, if u are a boss, do u tink u will employed a worker that kept going for 'holiday' ICT/RT? i rather employ someone from further up north that can work for me in a normal working hours rather than do all the admin/paperwork to make claim for ICT/RT. As i said..only self employ personal will understand, tat's y nowadays everywhere u see are FT. Its really 'mah-fan' to employ pure pure born in singapore locals. :cry:

unless work in Mindef ;p

Actually, it is not holiday ICT. There are programmes and objectives to re-familiarized and keep our NSmen operationally ready. You can employ the people up North but I do not agree ICT is the main reason. It is more to lower your business cost and maximize your profit margin. What is a country if there are no operationally ready soldiers to protect it? You won't even have a retail shop to run.

I also think that men who have gone through NS are more "man" and responsible. I have seen so many selfish and irresponsible people from up North far and near.

I my opinion, it is really difficult to generalise that Singapore men are mah-fan to employ because of their need to serve reservist.
Neither is it that apt to say that our brothers from up north are generally irresponsible. Sorry, no offense meant to any fellow CS-er. Just my view.
As an employer, as long as the employee is hard-working, trustable, I will employ.
An analogy - Singaporean ladies who get 12 weeks maternity leave - mah fan or not? Nope, I don't think so. I would gladly give them their deserved leave.
Incidentally, my staff are all female. I am the only one who needs to go for reservist.
Heng ah....

seriously, after completing 10 years cycle, i kinda of miss army life.. going ICT to me is like having a break from work... free food, sleep bed ... :sweatsm:

You obviously did not do many BCTC.
I don't mind the hard work in on-the-ball reservist battalions.
I dislike the bitchiness and sniping of the regulars who know they are not as good as the reservists.

iirc, you can continue to serve even though MR liao ...

I dont mind Reservist at beginning but before I went into MR recently, I am glad that I am out of it. Becos of new stupid road march, run etc... :eek:

I am happy of getting out of army cause I did suffer a lot as in RT, IPT etc... Is not that I lazy to train but I not that sporty type. Got once, I finish my IPT, wait for cab under a heavy rain n yet no cabs want to take me. So sad :bheart: that time but when got a cab willing to take me, he was eating his ice-cream (if not wrong) n drives with 1 hand! :thumbsd: For the sake for "rescue" me from the rain, I bopian, let him be.

If you are fit even during ur cat Z, better wait till 40 then MR as got more $ from IPPT. For me, is more torture from it. I working shift, got to take leave for RT/IPT, what the hack! Now I into MR, time for me to start photography again, maybe go oversea n "attack"! :bsmilie:

u know ? sometimes the exercise can be cancelled last min and everyone end up sleeping in bunk the whole week .. it was a great opportunity for many to rest their minds from work

Last edited:
I think i will miss ict when the time come.....hopefully 2 more years...

But meantime, i thinking how to siam my next year 1 month ICT in thailand......:bsmilie:

But meantime, i thinking how to siam my next year 1 month ICT in thailand......:bsmilie:

1 month ? wah.. this is bad.. it is too long :sweat: in today's working culture, most bosses dun like this.

My next ICT will be 3 weeks in taiwan next year April.. donno want to siam or not..? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.