I m newbie n without budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiramzai

Jul 21, 2006
JB Malaysia
Hi there,

I m thinking of buying a DSLR either Canon or Nikkon but I can only pay it by installment :sweat: ,

any recommendation of which shop that I can go to?

What camera are you using now? Do you really NEED a DSLR? Don't forget, all the other cost involved in owning/shooting a DSLR.

Without budget means --- money no object? Or means u no money? :think:

buy a Canon, you will nvr regret. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

go CP.... good price (must know ppl there and compare price lah)no additional charges with 0% installment.

clicknick said:
Without budget means --- money no object? Or means u no money? :think:

With budget = To a certain amount

Without budget = No restriction to any amount

Recommend him the best system :devil:

Static said:
With budget = To a certain amount

Without budget = No restriction to any amount

Recommend him the best system :devil:
budget of $xxx = can spend upto $xxx

without budget = no $$ to spend

unlimited budget = 1*D2xs, 17-35df2.8, 28-70f2.8, 70-200f2.8, 85f1.4, 105f2, 105f2.8VR... and 1*1DsII, 16-35f2.8,... (as above)...

okay... OTing too much... question is want to pay installment, which shop to go... off the top of my head, Harvey Norman, Courts, Cathay Photo...

CYRN said:
No budget better means no DSLR.

Ooh... I missed out the second part... about installment.

Check the price list in this forum for the street price, then try CP. Might not get the price as listed but can bargain a little.

Can try HN or courts and such... but they normally sell at RRP.

blazer_workz said:
Since paying by installment..go for the most high end one..like Canon 1D or Nikkon D2Xs..
Are you serious? He said he is a newbie. If he get those bodies then what about the lens? You don't expect him to use cheap lens.

My advise is get an entry level DSLR if you must and 'play' with it first. The kit lens should be enough for a start. But beware! Like others has mentioned, once you start, it is a never ending process of buying.

heh you guys crack me up. heres a guy, who cant afford to buy with cash for a dslr, so wants to pay by installments, and people are recommending a 1D? hello?

to the guy asking the question - can check with CP and MS color, they offer installments i believe with certain credit card companies. but my own advice is you think a bit more about getting into DSLR photography and maybe save up a little more, because it is not a cheap hobby.

I m using Olympus c-8080 for 2 years already, it is a good camera, but i find it has some limitation, for example the lens can not be changed.

i undestand the cost would b really REALLY high, but i think i m addicted now.

haha, got some budget la, DSLR normally cost $1+++ mah, I just started to work, i think is good for me to pay by installment.

Hi,

Your header "without budget" is very funny. Apart from the suspect English, it invites a lot of hilarious(and unnecessary) replies. You might want to rephrase.

I just bought a dSLR a few months ago, don't know much but here's my buying philosophy. There are many good dSLRs and good lenses out there, but you need to research which is the right one for you. Price is important, but hardly the only thing.

Try to find out what type of pictures you like to shoot(landscape, people, animals, sports) etc otherwise you might find the focal length too long or short, aperture not wide enough etc. If you are a newbie like me, you might have to factor in a flash/dry cabinet/tripod, bag etc etc. The base unit for my 350D was about $1500, but the add ons are not cheap either. And I don't even want to talk about my lenses.

tiramzai said:
I m using Olympus c-8080 for 2 years already, it is a good camera, but i find it has some limitation, for example the lens can not be changed.

i undestand the cost would b really REALLY high, but i think i m addicted now.

You already got a 8080... I suggest you wait till Sep/Oct when new DSLRs will be intro.

Sony jumped the gun by intro A-100 and Nikon will intro something new on a couple of weeks time. And Canon's 350D is also due for replacement model to be announced.

blazer_workz said:
who says newbie cannot use 1D or D2Xs..all DSLR apply the same fundamentals of photography..since paying by installment, why not installment the lens oso..:think:

the depreciation for a good camera body is slower..and it is highly sought after..can sell off as 2nd hand when newer bodies come..and u still won't lose out too much..

can i have what you are smoking? cos it seems like good stuff.

CYRN said:
You already got a 8080... I suggest you wait till Sep/Oct when new DSLRs will be intro.

Sony jumped the gun by intro A-100 and Nikon will intro something new on a couple of weeks time. And Canon's 350D is also due for replacement model to be announced.

hm... sounds nice, then I'll have more time to save money! :think:

Now, what about buying used? There are quite a few nice used dSLR out there, either from BnS here or from some of the shops at Peninsular. And add a kit lens and you're on liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.