I love wide angle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
after trying siowgongzi's wide sigma and it refused to work with my eos50, I, tired and hungry just bought the nearest thing, a Vivitar 19-35mm... well, comparatively it's cheap glass.. I haven't developed the test shots yet. I did the Sigma ones and I really missed AWB on digital...

BUT, I LOVE WIDE ANGLE! no more impotence at fitting the war memeorial into a frame without x-ing the road and getting trees in the way, I can even fit the new parliament house with the shenton skyscape into HALF a frame even when I am standing right in front of the plaque...

maybe when I can I shall buy me the 15-30mm...

today is another curry day! (I think I am falling sick)

please post a report on the vivitar 19-35mm after u used it. thx.

Wide angles are really lovable and fun.

I managed to borrow a Sigma 14mm Fisheye lens and I tried it during the National Day Parade on fireworks.

View the photos here!

:D

it cost me 360 in lucky plaza... couldn't run away the guy wanna whack me... sigh... he one desp mofo...

anyway it feels cheap, the MF lock causes the MF ring to grind against the electric motor. Then I can't AF until I change modes, I suspect (can't confirm it's the fault) but it's damn scary screwing in the FREE lens hood (short saucer type) and any filters cos the MF ring is also the front of the cam...
AF is normal I guess.. not HSM/USM... but highly useable.
mount is 77mm which can be costly if u wanna get polariser...

image quality wise can't say haven't see yet... but my prior experience is digital (almost like slides) and a nikon f1.4...
akan datang...

so...is it GOOD or BAD???

*slurp* how much was the sigma? the other sigma is 17-35 huh?
$1300?

ok, I found out that the vivitar is oemed by cosina. Strange that build quality is not that good, since cosina also makes the VoidLander stuff hehe...

yeah hor, film must wait for lab... no more snap and upload... sigh still miss AWB

my sigma was 1400 but that is aussie price so much less in singapore , sigma also make 17-35 f2.8 similar price i think

around this price I think...

ok for my informal vivitar 19-35mm review:
-using Fuji Superia 200 (new 4 layer)
-normal 35cts lab process, on gloss finish..
-4R photos
-hot yellow sun day
sharp enough for me, using a magnifier x 1.5-2 I could resolve details on a girl's face about 2mm in length, shot about 5 metres from me, think was using 30+mm focal wide open (f4-4.5) can see red n white cup of 1mm... AF was on taka sq gymnast about 3 m from me...

another shot of trees in dark(ard 15-25% brightness?) exposure near B.Boss restaurant, palm leaves about 20m away are 3 per mm... sharp enough... while AF is on REGENCY HOUSE (former cockpit hotel) behind the road behind the trees...

shot into the sun, trees roughly along the axis show good absence of chromatic aberration, nothing suggesting purple between the leaves. AF infinity. not much flare, maybe cos shooting straight at it...

BOKEH or blur-smoothness:
erm was a REALLY hot day... so think the off-focus parts are slightly sharper than usual, due the bright fringes...

-night shots x 2:
not bad, can see the grain of the 200 (slightly finer than epson 1440 dpi) but generally sharp.

VS old sigma 18-35mm on Superia 100 non Reala
-4R
-some new fuji digital process (5cts more)???

a shot of the traffic lamp at the adelphi X peninsular plaze about 40 degrees face up. LOTS of flare, sun about 5 deg top out of frame.

unarguably much sharper at the corners, i.e. windows are sharp in normal light. but the vivitar sharpness maintains circumscribing the frame width and a bit more... so I think ok lah...

CONCLUSION: at 1/4 the cost, buy the vivitar (supposed to be twin of soligor and cosina too) and use the rest to buy the 28-300mm zoom haha...

I am happy and satisfied until I can do the great-glass+DSLR+I-am-skilled combo...

bad colour saturation thx to curry sun... but the night shots are very nice...
I also have a BAD handshake problem, shooting the shade of taka block during the hot afternoon at small aperture is BLURRED...

OH YEAH: the vivitar has the rim-style lenshood free...

Status
Not open for further replies.