I LOVE SINGAPORE: MY HOME Photography Competition

aeonchs

May 31, 2011
The Urban Redevelopment Authority invites everyone to take part in the I LOVE SINGAPORE: MY HOME photography competition!

Send us your best shots depicting scenes of everyday life, where you live, work and play and stand to win attractive prizes!

Grand prize: $1,200 vouchers
1st runner up: $800 vouchers
2nd runner up: $500 vouchers
5 merit prizes: $200 vouchers

Contest ends 30 June 2011

Visit www.ura.gov.sg/ilovesg for contest details.

Organised by:
Urban Redevelopment Authority

Hi everyone, we've received over 300 entries in just one week for the I LOVE SINGAPORE: MY HOME photography competition! Keep the entries coming in!

Contest ends 30 June 2011.

Visit www.ura.gov.sg/ilovesg for contest details.

Is HDR photo allow.

i would guess not

2.3 Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the photos will not be allowed for all categories. Only basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast adjustment, or simple cropping will be allowed.

Thanks.

Are you kidding me?! This kind of photo won grand prize??? Haha. If that's the case, many photographers in this forum own photos which is good enough to win this competition 10 times over. :bsmilie:

Seriously??!!!

congrats to the winners!

5 out of 8 winning entries shot with fisheye lens.....

somehow i don't see that high percentage of fisheye shots winning photo competitions in other countries. mebbe singaporeans and photo contest judges love the fisheye perspective more! :)

congrats to the winners!

somehow i don't see that high percentage of fisheye shots winning photo competitions in other countries. mebbe singaporeans and photo contest judges love the fisheye perspective more! :)

And the winning shot dont even know how to use fisheye lens (or it could be an Ultra Wide Angle lens 7mm or something). The focus is not there (Dragonboat? What?). Distortion was soooo obvious at the right(Should have excluded it) and it goes on...

Last edited:
I remember mr Liew TL did mentioned in his seminar that sometimes a winning picture depends on the judges who might not be professional photographers.
Hell they might not even know the difference between a compact and a lomo.
So a winning picture that you feel that doesn't deserve might be the one special one in their eyes.
Anyway, since the judges are them, not us and it is over so let's move on.
Next year you can also use the same format as this year's winning shot. ;)

Judge based on creativity, Artistic/visual appeal. I know, fisheyes and weird distortions are creative in the past but not anymore. Creative/artistic Photography looks into the story of the photograph portrays and it's subject. Seeing the dragon boat and the buildings at the back and the people at the right side just ain't creative enough.

@loneWolff - Haha, I think I will skip this kind of competition from now on. Not really productive and constructive.

@Sgdevilzz - You are right about that, totally agree with you, a good photo always tell a story like this kind of portray and subject shot should.

Actually I kinda find long exposure shot more fun and creative, bought a nd110 filter because of that.

Last edited:
i have to agree. the winning shot is just....ugh...

Dunno if it's right to say this, but if fisheye lens = winning shots, then it's more on a photography equipment more than photography skills... Not that i joined the competition la.. haha

zaren said:
congrats to the winners!

I think I have to change lens now to fish eyes...

Judges' decision is final. The only surefire way of an individual being happy with the winners of a competition is to RUN the competition himself, sponsor the prizes, and appoint himself as the sole judge. :)

Yeah, I got a fisheye lens too but I didn't know about this competition.
Else my cmi skill level might get me into the finals. :)