I lost my camera bag with camera and lenses on Good friday ^_^!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LENS

Apr 8, 2005
My bad, i left my camera bag with camera and lense inside the bag, on atm machine in AMK central..around 10am on last friday, Good Friday.. and was paying attention on my receipt after transaction..so i forgot the bag ha.

Any kind souls had found it? it is old film camera with manual focus lenses, the sentimental value is more than it worth ha..

wah...got make police report? the stuff probably will be 'lying low' at that person's house right now...lol

wah...got make police report? the stuff probably will be 'lying low' at that person's house right now...lol

yes, i have made a report immediately. i went to AMK police station first, but quite disappointed with their act, they just jotted down my id, and what had lost then they told me they will inform me if anyone found it. Not even hand me any report..sigh.

so i made another effort to Yio chu kang police station, and a report was made =) but actually i feel that they don't try hard to know what is those items.. if they see a camera, i wonder do they know what is the camera model? or what kind of lense is it? ha.

yes, i have made a report immediately. i went to AMK police station first, but quite disappointed with their act, they just jotted down my id, and what had lost then they told me they will inform me if anyone found it. Not even hand me any report..sigh.

so i made another effort to Yio chu kang police station, and a report was made =) but actually i feel that they don't try hard to know what is those items.. if they see a camera, i wonder do they know what is the camera model? or what kind of lense is it? ha.
eh can't expect much... the no of item lost per day could be even more than the no of police... :dunno:

it is a lowepro waistbag, quite a big one with 3 partition. 1 FM2 inside, one 50mm lense and two 35 lense =).. with some used film and unused film.

maybe i should pay the flea market a visit =)

Another thought...U may like to try Cash Converter AMK, which is nearby lor.

u mentioned to the police that u "forgot" the bag, it is non-incriminating lor.
if you said "someone took/pickpocket your expensive camera" while you are busy engaging with your atm withdrawal, there is an "intention to steal", which make the case "incriminating", so the report will be valid.

Do you have the serial numbers for the items?

Do you have the serial numbers for the items?

yeah i got serial number for 1 lense.. do u try to tell me that i need serial numbers so that police can verify it? =)

next time i will take down serial number and keep it =)

Another thought...U may like to try Cash Converter AMK, which is nearby lor.

u mentioned to the police that u "forgot" the bag, it is non-incriminating lor.
if you said "someone took/pickpocket your expensive camera" while you are busy engaging with your atm withdrawal, there is an "intention to steal", which make the case "incriminating", so the report will be valid.

ha, yeah, i went-by cash converter AMK ha.. but see nothing ler. However my friend told me that in cash converter they will ask for the receipt u bought for those equipment, if no, you will need to leave id number and name.. it is said to prevent stolen items to be sold.

my lense 50mm f/1.4 serial number is 5842677, if anyone see it let me know ha..

actually i was thinking of checking the bank cctv, see got any clues..but think again, it seems like a hassle to follow it.. just hope they person who got my camera and lense, take a good care on them!!! lol.. or if you sell it, use the money for a good purpose..ha.

ha, but sometimes it is a bit sentimental, the bag and camera and lense had been with me since i took up photography..always will be missed..ha.

it is a lowepro waistbag, quite a big one with 3 partition. 1 FM2 inside, one 50mm lense and two 35 lense =).. with some used film and unused film.

maybe i should pay the flea market a visit =)
Yep...my old friend once lost an electric guitar and the next day he went to Sungei Road and the guitar was there FOR SALE...but i cant remember how he got it back la...:confused:

Yep...my old friend once lost an electric guitar and the next day he went to Sungei Road and the guitar was there FOR SALE...but i cant remember how he got it back la...:confused:

ha is sungei road market open every day? maybe i have to make a trip there later? ha

By any chance did you write down the s/n of yr camera/lens?
We can keep a lookout for those s/n when looking around.

my lense 50mm ais f/1.4 serial number is 5842677..
my lense 35mm ai f/2 serial number is 182661
my nikon FM2N, Serial Number : N8765701

Thanks!

By the way, i went to sungei road last night..but the vendors are dismissing..

but i hardly see any vendors are selling camera only..

how come your title is still happy?

and really you shouldnt leave these type of expensive stuffs everywhere.

how come your title is still happy?

and really you shouldnt leave these type of expensive stuffs everywhere.

ha, ^_^! is actually sweating!! lol.

Not one is happy to lose something ha, but I have to take it..since i misplaced it and was distracted after i saw my atm receipt (calculating my $$..why so little)

ha, ^_^! is actually sweating!! lol.

Not one is happy to lose something ha, but I have to take it..since i misplaced it and was distracted after i saw my atm receipt (calculating my $$..why so little)

Then you should just use -_-;

Try 2nd hand shops, whoever had taken it, if they are familiar with it might probably keep it or sell it in 2nd hand camera shops.. whoever not, may want to take a look to see if they can use it... Do you have any form of identity in the bag? If so, you might see if the one who took it might be kind enough to return it. If not, it might be hard for them to be kind souls also. Generally, I think the culture to bring found items to police stations is not very strong here.

I wonder if the police do consolidate the lost reports with found reports and return the belongings back to the rightful owner if they were reported in different police stations.. :think:

of cos.. lost and found items are like tat. Unless some serious case like assault, rape, murder, riot...

every ATM machine has Camera
can the police access that?

Then you should just use -_-;

Try 2nd hand shops, whoever had taken it, if they are familiar with it might probably keep it or sell it in 2nd hand camera shops.. whoever not, may want to take a look to see if they can use it... Do you have any form of identity in the bag? If so, you might see if the one who took it might be kind enough to return it. If not, it might be hard for them to be kind souls also. Generally, I think the culture to bring found items to police stations is not very strong here.

I wonder if the police do consolidate the lost reports with found reports and return the belongings back to the rightful owner if they were reported in different police stations.. :think:

ok thanks =) i guess if someone return it to police station, then i will get it, but a weekend passed, so i guess no.

I am also not sure how hard the police will try to match those lost and found items =)

Status
Not open for further replies.