I jusy bought my tele lense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

And there's slight vignetting too.

Originally posted by Keito
Nope.

And there's slight vignetting too.

so izzit time for mi to go back to the boss and get another one?

so it should look like a normal picture with no distortions wat so ever rite?

It's about 1.6x. I presume the camera is at full 3x optical zoom right?

Quality is bad; notice the blue color on the lower left and the distortion? There's also vignetting.

You're probably better off without it....

Not all teleconverters work with all DC. So have to check and see. Perhaps others can advise a suitable teleconverter.

Originally posted by SianZronG
so izzit time for mi to go back to the boss and get another one?
so it should look like a normal picture with no distortions wat so ever rite?
What teleconverter lens did you get? It looks like it's quite low quality. If the problem is with the lens design quality, then no amount of exchanging will rectify this. :(

Originally posted by Midnight
What teleconverter lens did you get? It looks like it's quite low quality. If the problem is with the lens design quality, then no amount of exchanging will rectify this. :(

cause the sales man is a friend of mine so i will be going back to change another model(that's a good point :))..... i using Olyumpus C-4000Z fitted with a lense adapter and a UV filter. then a step up ring to the tele conveter.....

suggestions for cheap tele lenses? i got this lense for less than $50.. and it's supposed 2.7x.....

here's a pic of it....

http://www.pbase.com/image/4740723

http://www.pbase.com/image/4740769

it's a brand named steinzeser.....

Originally posted by mpenza

=how much zoom did you use on your C4000?

must use full zoom to get clear of having a black space in between which is 3x zoom....

and it's running on a 46mm thread....

suggestions for cheap tele lenses? i got this lense for less than $50.. and it's supposed 2.7x.....

there're no cheap and good ones except for the $70 1.9x Olympus C-210. But this C-210 only work for cameras with a small lens.

Yours perform only as a real 1.6x teleconverter and result in too much distortion and degradation in image quality.

Originally posted by mpenza

there're no cheap and good ones except for the $70 1.9x Olympus C-210. But this C-210 only work for cameras with a small lens.

Yours perform only as a real 1.6x teleconverter and result in too much distortion and degradation in image quality.

it's $70? Cool.... i saw in the other post and i thought i was USD$70 :eek: if it was the case i rather not touch it....

Sure it's that price? then i will top up and get that instead....

but another problem does it work on my lense? it's a 43mm with the lense adpater..... should work rite? cause it's both olympus?

there is a shadow on your macro shots of the TC. is it due to the lens adapter?

I have a question, I will be getting the C4000Z this weekend and also a lens adapter and UV filter. I read that some model of Olympus camera will have the lens crash into the UV filter as the lens adapter is slightly too short. Do you have this problem?

so far after testing a few TC, which one is the best?

but another problem does it work on my lense? it's a 43mm with the lense adpater..... should work rite? cause it's both olympus?

no. being Olympus doesn't mean it'll work well on your camera cos it's not meant for digital cameras but some specific models of SLRs.

my only concern is vignetting (dark corners). you probably want to try out first to see if it's ok.

Wow! A joint venture product between Steiner and Carl-Zeiss?
;p

Status
Not open for further replies.