i just hate this

last week i came across a magazine which had a review on Pentax K-7, sadly i can't really remember the name of the magazine.

Inside there are the pros and cons of the camera, and one of the cons which really shock me and made me deeply disappointed in that magazine, which later cause me not to buy it anymore.

Here it wrote: Cons: It's NOT MADE BY CANON OR NIKON.

The magazine really had zero respect of us pentax people;(

Aww... Take it easy, dude. Cest La Vie... A lot of good stuff are not being recognized in the world. What's important is that those who do recognize them are the ones who deserve them...

Aww... Take it easy, dude. Cest La Vie... A lot of good stuff are not being recognized in the world. What's important is that those who do recognize them are the ones who deserve them...

I seconded that thought and wholeheartedly agree with it!:thumbsup:

last week i came across a magazine which had a review on Pentax K-7, sadly i can't really remember the name of the magazine.

Inside there are the pros and cons of the camera, and one of the cons which really shock me and made me deeply disappointed in that magazine, which later cause me not to buy it anymore.

forget it... if pple are so interested in a C or an N, then they should buy those instead.

i've had so many incredulous looks from pple who are C and N users... one even shared candidly with me that he did not find any other brands "worthwhile"...

i'll tell u what's not worthwhile: certain junk cams disguised as "entry level models" from certain reputable brands... :bsmilie:

i'm happy with my K-X and the quality of the images it gives me. no need to say more.

I'm a canon user what's so great about Canon? I don't feel it.

don't mind it, It's happening usually.

But then again, even if they mock my camera, it doesn't affect my pictures.

Yeah dude, quality doesn't come from brands, it come from you. i ever heard someone who is great in photogarphy said:"It not about the camera, it not about the lens, it's not about the brands, it all about you."

:)

Hi Bro speedfactory, to me what the reviewer mean is that "it's a pity such an excellent camera is not made by C & N " so it's a COMPLIMENT!!:cheergal:

honestly, being relatively new to the hobby, i still cannot understand why some pple need to talk down a brand.

do they take better pictures as a result? :dunno: or do mags get paid by the big players to write crummy reviews of competing brands? :think:

to be objective, i think 1 criticism that has often been raised is more than fair: the availability of lenses.

true, we can always make advance order and patience is a virtue, but are we being a little indulgent with the apparent inefficiency of their supply chain and distribution channels?

One thing i have read from other pentax hobbyists online is that in North America, Pentax does not offer credit terms to major stores to carry their goods. so the stores train their sales pple to talk crap about Pentax cams :sticktong

while this may be a good risk avoidance strategy as it prevents customer defaults, its also a very conservative distribution strategy that will hinder growth.

wonder how the game is played locally...

honestly, being relatively new to the hobby, i still cannot understand why some pple need to talk down a brand.

do they take better pictures as a result? :dunno: or do mags get paid by the big players to write crummy reviews of competing brands? :think:

to be objective, i think 1 criticism that has often been raised is more than fair: the availability of lenses.

true, we can always make advance order and patience is a virtue, but are we being a little indulgent with the apparent inefficiency of their supply chain and distribution channels?

One thing i have read from other pentax hobbyists online is that in North America, Pentax does not offer credit terms to major stores to carry their goods. so the stores train their sales pple to talk crap about Pentax cams :sticktong

while this may be a good risk avoidance strategy as it prevents customer defaults, its also a very conservative distribution strategy that will hinder growth.

wonder how the game is played locally...

Yes, it's true. for most of the saleman here also do the same thing alway intro the camera which have the best value for them and not he customer.

We as customer had to find out for ourself through good forums like clubsnap and the people around here.:cool:

Aiyah, no need to be angry at what they said. The main point is, go out and take a good pic. Its all boils down to experience of the user.

If you think again on the Cons "It's NOT MADE BY CANON OR NIKON"

It was refering that such a fine camera is regretable not made by C&N, but by Pentax. So it a positive CON man.;)

The best antidote is to go out and shoot and come back with stunning keepers with your "inferior" Pentax camera. Unfortunately, most camera reviewers can write a little better than they can shoot... :sticktong

The best antidote is to go out and shoot and come back with stunning keepers with your "inferior" Pentax camera. Unfortunately, most camera reviewers can write a little better than they can shoot...

yes... i am so "ashamed" of my "inferior" pentax camera...

being a newbie, i'm not that familiar with manual controls yet so i let my "inferior" camera make the important decisions for me... i'm so happy with my "inferior" camera...

Last edited:
If only Pentax Has FF.....hmmmm...*drool*

relax...

think of the brighter side, more people interested in canon or nikon means they are more expensive; keep a low profile is like buying a value shares, cheap and good

I am a Canon user but not a fan, so if another brand is good, then it is good. Currently looking at a compact camera and found that Canon is at least $100 more expensive than equivalent competitor. So cheers..

no need people to respect you, just take good photos, that speaks louder than any silly advertisement or dodo spouting non-truths and misguided tirades...

just do your own thing. the people who use brand as a con have little idea of what photography is really about. let them use their magnifying glasses to look at pixels, examine their photos for noise, clean their lenses, and hug their dry cabinets. there's more to life than worrying about them. :)