I haven't been looking at cameras for some time.. need some help

momohiki

Jan 12, 2010
Before anyone accuses me or attempting to start a flame war, I'm not. I just haven't been doing much photography stuffs due to my hectic schedule.

I'm going to sell away my camera, currently sony and get a new piece.

I was hoping to getting something that can let me shoot video as well since I'm interesting in getting some home videos done.

But the price is kinda crazy for 7D plus I probably would be able to use it to my full advantage.

My budget is about $1,500 to $2,000.

Any recommendations?

Would like something not entry level and can shoot video OR 2 different combination of DSLR and Camcorder. Thanks!

what about a D90?

or the Canon 550, can shoot HD movie and comes with a jack for external microphones

Pentax K-x or K-7.With the remaining money can get another lens:)

Before anyone accuses me or attempting to start a flame war, I'm not. I just haven't been doing much photography stuffs due to my hectic schedule.

I'm going to sell away my camera, currently sony and get a new piece.

I was hoping to getting something that can let me shoot video as well since I'm interesting in getting some home videos done.

But the price is kinda crazy for 7D plus I probably would be able to use it to my full advantage.

My budget is about $1,500 to $2,000.

Any recommendations?

Would like something not entry level and can shoot video OR 2 different combination of DSLR and Camcorder. Thanks!

With your budget requirement, options avaialble out there are Nikon D90 and Canon 500/550D. :)

i don't knwo what you mean by the bigger words. :dunno:

even if i do, i.e. you want something more than the basic models like canon 550d, pentax k-x, nikon d5k, d3k sort of range..

the next question is, why?