I have just bought a DMC-FX7


Status
Not open for further replies.

doreamon

New Member
Dec 10, 2004
17
0
0
#1
I have just bought a DMC-FX7 camera in the roadshow. I bought this camera is because it looks sharp using LCD screen and it very handy.

By the way, did any DMC-FX7 user know whether this camera can take indoor picture such as concert. I need some advice how to shoot it?

please help.

Thanks.
 

nad

New Member
Nov 18, 2004
443
0
0
Planet Earth
#2
tripod + night scene mode. try it in a badly lit indoor room first.
 

doreamon

New Member
Dec 10, 2004
17
0
0
#3
Thanks, you mean you want me to try shooting nice scene and dark room 1st rite?

Did you try before? How is it?
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,730
0
0
53
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
#4
doreamon said:
Thanks, you mean you want me to try shooting nice scene and dark room 1st rite?

Did you try before? How is it?
You will need a tripod, since it is under low light condition, the shuttle speed will be slower...Since yours is a FX7, do not expect it to perform like any other prosumer or DSLR camera...just do with what you have...the best is of course, sit in the first roll and have tripod set up if that is allowed.
 

sunkist

New Member
Jul 7, 2002
564
0
0
#5
yup, tripod will help, and later u can adjust the EV+/-
 

natnivek

New Member
Feb 15, 2005
848
0
0
Eastside
natnivek.multiply.com
#7
1) Do all of the above and use the 2 sec timer instead of pressing the shutter. If time allows.

2) You might want to increase your ISO as well to at least ISO200. If you think the quality at ISO400 is acceptable, you might want to go for it. (I hightly doubt so though...) There's always neatimage so save your pics.

3) OIS will never replace the tripod. So use it if you can. (You can even consider a mini tripod to place wherever permits.)

2cts. ;)
 

tao

Senior Member
Jan 7, 2005
3,767
1
38
Beach Road
#8
natnivek said:
1) Do all of the above and use the 2 sec timer instead of pressing the shutter. If time allows.

2) You might want to increase your ISO as well to at least ISO200. If you think the quality at ISO400 is acceptable, you might want to go for it. (I hightly doubt so though...) There's always neatimage so save your pics.

3) OIS will never replace the tripod. So use it if you can. (You can even consider a mini tripod to place wherever permits.)

2cts. ;)
no, increasing the ISO isn't a good idea.

since doreamon is going to use a tripod to take static night shots, he should be using the lowest ISO the camera can offer, so as to minimise the noise level in the shots.

for me, having used the FX7 before, images at ISO200 & 400 cannot make it when taking pictures in badly lit places. too much post processing to improve it and you still end up with a very 'patchy & noisy' image. the same goes for all the mini digicams in its class too.

but of course, if no tripod or stable support, increasing to ISO200 is the only option. but ISO400 is really a big no-no. :nono:
 

natnivek

New Member
Feb 15, 2005
848
0
0
Eastside
natnivek.multiply.com
#9
tao said:
no, increasing the ISO isn't a good idea.

since doreamon is going to use a tripod to take static night shots, he should be using the lowest ISO the camera can offer, so as to minimise the noise level in the shots.

for me, having used the FX7 before, images at ISO200 & 400 cannot make it when taking pictures in badly lit places. too much post processing to improve it and you still end up with a very 'patchy & noisy' image. the same goes for all the mini digicams in its class too.

but of course, if no tripod or stable support, increasing to ISO200 is the only option. but ISO400 is really a big no-no. :nono:
Hmmm... Ok, I understand that. :) I haven't used the fx7 before so I guess you're right. I would've imagine that due to the low light situation, the cam will automatically switch to a long shutter speed. Thus causing even more motion blur. The only way I can think of was to adjust the ISO to the highest you are comfortable with...

Cheers! ;)
 

Mar 27, 2004
271
0
0
#10
how much did you pay for your fx7 and what's the deal like? :)
 

rhair78

New Member
Dec 19, 2004
1,044
0
0
Singapore
rhair78.multiply.com
#11
tao said:
no, increasing the ISO isn't a good idea.

since doreamon is going to use a tripod to take static night shots, he should be using the lowest ISO the camera can offer, so as to minimise the noise level in the shots.

for me, having used the FX7 before, images at ISO200 & 400 cannot make it when taking pictures in badly lit places. too much post processing to improve it and you still end up with a very 'patchy & noisy' image. the same goes for all the mini digicams in its class too.

but of course, if no tripod or stable support, increasing to ISO200 is the only option. but ISO400 is really a big no-no. :nono:
yo! cute Doraemon says it wants to take concert lar.
iso400 is good setting for such event wat.... dark and fast moving.
 

tao

Senior Member
Jan 7, 2005
3,767
1
38
Beach Road
#12
rhair78 said:
yo! cute Doraemon says it wants to take concert lar.
iso400 is good setting for such event wat.... dark and fast moving.
OIC... then use ISO400 lor... but cute xiao-ding-dang must use noise removal software after that hor... :)
 

doreamon

New Member
Dec 10, 2004
17
0
0
#13
Thanks everyone for the comments, I will try to use ISO400 and also a mini tripod. By the way, reduce noise? you mean picture also got noise ah? For the Stablization Mode, should I switch to Level 1 or 2 and the shutter speed is it the slowest the better or I shuld increase to 1/8 s or 1 s.
 

josho

Senior Member
Nov 27, 2004
2,110
0
0
37
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
#14
doreamon said:
Thanks everyone for the comments, I will try to use ISO400 and also a mini tripod. By the way, reduce noise? you mean picture also got noise ah? For the Stablization Mode, should I switch to Level 1 or 2 and the shutter speed is it the slowest the better or I shuld increase to 1/8 s or 1 s.
due to higher ISO, more noise will appear in your photos. The higher the ISO you go, the more you can see. Low light situation, as many had told you, use ISO400. But you can remove the noise off by using noise filter program. So that your photo wun have lots of noise. hehehe

If you are taking human pic, try slow sync flash. If not, use tripod. For me, I'll try not to use until ISO400 because the noise is quite ... erm.. hehehe worse? hehe Up to individual. Trial and error. ;)

Have fun. eheheh
 

n0v1cE

New Member
Dec 26, 2004
151
0
0
33
North
#15
doreamon said:
Thanks everyone for the comments, I will try to use ISO400 and also a mini tripod. By the way, reduce noise? you mean picture also got noise ah? For the Stablization Mode, should I switch to Level 1 or 2 and the shutter speed is it the slowest the better or I shuld increase to 1/8 s or 1 s.
Mode 1: The OIS is always on and will definately drain battery power more.
Mode 2: When you do a half-press and the camera realise it is not stable, it will activate the OIS.

From what I heard or see, if you are mounting the FX-7 on tripod for night shots, you may want to switch off the OIS. ;)

Just my 2cents, anything wrong please feel free to correct me. :)
 

natnivek

New Member
Feb 15, 2005
848
0
0
Eastside
natnivek.multiply.com
#16
n0v1cE said:
Mode 1: The OIS is always on and will definately drain battery power more.
Mode 2: When you do a half-press and the camera realise it is not stable, it will activate the OIS.

From what I heard or see, if you are mounting the FX-7 on tripod for night shots, you may want to switch off the OIS. ;)

Just my 2cents, anything wrong please feel free to correct me. :)
You're correct! ;)

As for the shutter timing, I think it'll be best if you do a little testing by yourself to see what would be the best. 1s would DEFINATELY be toooo long a shutter speed to take any decent shots. Go have fun with your cam! :lovegrin:
 

doreamon

New Member
Dec 10, 2004
17
0
0
#17
By the way, where can I get the noise remove programme?

Is it after I load the photo into my pc, then use the noise remove programme before sending to develop or print using my printer paper?

So, is it mean that If I'm taking concert photo, I can either use ISO200 or ISO400 because indoor concert cannot use flash light so I probably have to use ISO200 or ISO400 and Stablization mode.

Thanks everyone
 

rhair78

New Member
Dec 19, 2004
1,044
0
0
Singapore
rhair78.multiply.com
#18
doreamon said:
By the way, where can I get the noise remove programme?

Is it after I load the photo into my pc, then use the noise remove programme before sending to develop or print using my printer paper?

So, is it mean that If I'm taking concert photo, I can either use ISO200 or ISO400 because indoor concert cannot use flash light so I probably have to use ISO200 or ISO400 and Stablization mode.

Thanks everyone
Haha, XiaoDingDang.... ISO 400 would be good idea.
If your seated really far from the stage, got flash also like no flash.
Turn your Mega OIS to 2.
You can search in google for neatimage, and another one called noiseware.
Both work great, and is really easy to use.
 

doreamon

New Member
Dec 10, 2004
17
0
0
#19
By the way, which software is better? Neatimage or noiseware?
and I read from some review, some recommend to use Scene Mode-Party mode and use ISO400?

Any body use before? and also by adjusting the EV+/-. I should adjust brightness or darkness when shooting concert photo?

Too many queries as I was not a professional so need more advice.

Thanks
 

cookiez

New Member
Oct 6, 2003
419
0
0
#20
doreamon said:
By the way, which software is better? Neatimage or noiseware?
I find that the end result from Noiseware is much better, thats why
I dumped Neatimage.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom