lunas

Dec 19, 2006
Singapore
I'm using Sony H5, for your review.

DSC00234.jpg

i like it..

good job !

Hi Guys,

Will really love to hear, what do you think of the composure?

lunas

Hi Guys,

Will really love to hear, what do you think of the composure?

lunas

personally, i will prefer a shorter exposure to catch the raindrops sharply. less fuzz on the lights will be good for me too. but that will be tough as it means the overall brightness will be reduced. you will need a bigger aperture and that may make the dof shallower. what am i ranting...:bsmilie:

anyway, composure does not mean composition + exposure ok. :p

Main Entry: com·po·sure
Pronunciation: k&m-'pO-zh&r
Function: noun
: a calmness or repose especially of mind, bearing, or appearance

personally, i will prefer a shorter exposure to catch the raindrops sharply. less fuzz on the lights will be good for me too. but that will be tough as it means the overall brightness will be reduced. you will need a bigger aperture and that may make the dof shallower. what am i ranting...:bsmilie:

Thanks for the comment :) All is about mixing a bit of this and a bit of that, mixing and matching......Hmm..

Hi, If I reduce the aperture, can I reduce the shutter speed to compensate for the lost of light, to increase the exposure to make the picture brighter?:think:

What on earth are you talking about?

Anyway, perhaps this lil vegetable here meant by increasing the f stop number of aperture in order to prevent the light spill over from the bright light sources, also known as coma.

With that, you need to increase the time of exposure , which would mean more 'motion' trails following the rain drops.

What on earth are you talking about?

Anyway, perhaps this lil vegetable here meant by increasing the f stop number of aperture in order to prevent the light spill over from the bright light sources, also known as coma.

With that, you need to increase the time of exposure , which would mean more 'motion' trails following the rain drops.

Wisp, based on your Opinion how do you think I can improve this shot without using photo editing software?

Thank You.

sharpen it...
btw what editing software u using?
i am using photoshop lightroom

Wisp, based on your Opinion how do you think I can improve this shot without using photo editing software?

Thank You.

What is an improvement for you? What do you envision?

Sorry Dude, I don't understand what you mean:dunno:

You took the photograph, there must be a reason why you took it and you must have envision the photograph to turn out a certain way.

If you just simply take it and just ask a whole bunch of people how to improve, it's just like painting a picture and asking a bunch of us how it should turn out.

Display your works with an objective in mind.

You took the photograph, there must be a reason why you took it and you must have envision the photograph to turn out a certain way.

If you just simply take it and just ask a whole bunch of people how to improve, it's just like painting a picture and asking a bunch of us how it should turn out.

Display your works with an objective in mind.

Ok. Allow me to explain. I find that the composition of the street lamps together with the grainy effect of the rain, plus the slightly over expose lighting gives my picture a cool 'UFO' look.

It is like 'LOOK IT's COMING...' That is my vision ;)

Ok. Allow me to explain. I find that the composition of the street lamps together with the grainy effect of the rain, plus the slightly over expose lighting gives my picture a cool 'UFO' look.

It is like 'LOOK IT's COMING...' That is my vision ;)

So according to you, how could the picture look better?

So according to you, how could the picture look better?

Hmm, the picture should be sharper. :dunno:

Care to share your point of view?

Hmm, the picture should be sharper. :dunno:

Care to share your point of view?

My point of view is useless if you don't feel strongly about your photograph. What else besides sharpness?

My point of view is useless if you don't feel strongly about your photograph. What else besides sharpness?

I think besides sharpness, it is 'quite' a good photo.:confused:

Sorry for the delay, I had a few things up.

I would like to add in a note: every photograph could be improved on from the eyes of its taker. Otherwise if we've taken the 'perfect' photograph, we might just as well stop shooting.

It is VERY important to be self critical before approaching other people, that is if you view photography as practising your own art form. You must really ask yourself if the end product is REALLY what you want, or whether you're just accepting it because it 'looks okay' or 'can already'.

You tell me sharpness. In what way is sharpness a factor in the picture? Explain.

I would say this: This photograph,whether technically is correct or not, is weak in terms of how it's presented, as it tells me the photographer didn't really think through what he/she really wanted or see (visualised?) before placing it on this corner. It is the best out of your entire lot, I agree. There is no glaring errors in composition (subjective), or even colour management (again subjective), and it's apparent you see an idea in the image when you took it (I'm not psychic,..I suppose you'd have to ask yourself). However, to me the flaw is that you had a very hazy viewpoint on what you want. UFO at a raining night...that is all?

Frankly, it points down to this. Critique corner is not meant to help you improve by asking people to help you improve. You have to force yourself to create your works in your own vision, and whether it meets your criteria. Critique corner is simply a means of seeing how people would react to your picture, and gives you more data that you can pick up from IF you think it's relevant. Swallowing everything as a means of 'improvement' is a big mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.