I have a problem here....kindly help

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CHaos

ok...first of all, I am using a Canon Digital Ixus cam...

Trying to take some pictures of things to be put up in a website. Problem is that I need a pure white background or a transparent background(transparent gif) as the background of the webpage is white.

I bought some studio lightings and took the pics in a dark room. Encountered some very funny phenomenon. I placed the things on a huge pure white sheet of paper and took a few pics. Funny thing is that, when the object is light red in color, the background is misty grey, When the object is blue in color, the background comes out almost pure white, when the object is dark red in color, the background then light -grey. WHy is this so? Any setting on the cam which I can set to correct his? I have tried different ecposure settings but to no avail

BTW< I always seen movie makers using blue background to shoot actors for backgroudn special effect purposes, wonder if any one knew the color code of the blue being used?

kindly help

sounds like a problem with your white balance. not sure about the IXUS though, but check your manual to see if there's a way to set your WB controls.

also, there's no particular colour code that the movie F/X people use to remove the background. all you need is one consistent colour, like blue or green, or even purple. the filmed footage is then processed digitally with that particular colour removed and replaced with whatever background they want. the trick is to not have your actors and props in the same colour as the colour to be removed.

lastly, if you're trying to get the transparent GIF for your website, you don't need a pure white background. just use PhotoShop to export the GIF file, choose the colour you want to be transparent and voila!!! just make sure that the colour is unique to the background, or else your image may look funny. that's why most web designers use some weird colour that's not normally used.

hope that helps... :D

I have mingled with the white balance, but the results is medicore as it also affects the color of the object as well, making it look unnatural.

Yeah, I know about GIF89a, but, as the background always don't come out even, the tranparent background is always littered with many artifacts. Unless I go slowly slowy weed them out, but it takes a lot of time to do that as I have lots of picture to deal with

Hmm....maybe, i go try another camera..

Originally posted by CHaos
ok...first of all, I am using a Canon Digital Ixus cam...

Trying to take some pictures of things to be put up in a website. Problem is that I need a pure white background or a transparent background(transparent gif) as the background of the webpage is white.

I bought some studio lightings and took the pics in a dark room. Encountered some very funny phenomenon. I placed the things on a huge pure white sheet of paper and took a few pics. Funny thing is that, when the object is light red in color, the background is misty grey, When the object is blue in color, the background comes out almost pure white, when the object is dark red in color, the background then light -grey. WHy is this so? Any setting on the cam which I can set to correct his? I have tried different ecposure settings but to no avail

BTW< I always seen movie makers using blue background to shoot actors for backgroudn special effect purposes, wonder if any one knew the color code of the blue being used?

kindly help
can u tell us what is ur camera and lighting setting...coz it looks like its not a manual setting to me.....

as mentioned, it is a Canon Digital Ixus

There are not many settings in this cam, as for the lighting settings, I tried Auto, Florescent, spotlight and daylight. FOr Exp settings I tried 0 all the way to 2 (Too bright)...

Far shot with flash and without flash + zoom

near shot with flash and without flash + macro - zoom

room is dark and the spot light is very strong. I also tried switching on the room lights and off the spot light, but the effect even worse

I guess this camera is not really good for such stuffs :(

Originally posted by CHaos
as mentioned, it is a Canon Digital Ixus

I guess this camera is not really good for such stuffs :(
guess not.....

Status
Not open for further replies.