I haven't seen a good sunset in days.

Bloody hell. =/

Anyone has any idea what to shoot if the lighting is flat, the sky is grey? =/

Yay for inane threads!

Bloody hell. =/

Yay for inane threads!

I once met a friend from Kuwait... he stood in the rain with open arm!

I once met a friend from Kuwait... he stood in the rain with open arm!

Quick, get him to come to Singapore, I can take photos of him standing in the rain. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

You can shoot the rain! Bad weather means for more creativity! Keep an eye for light peeking momentarily through the clouds.

At least we can save some electricity, not so hot, less air-con.

do singing in the rain theme shoot lor!

flat and soft light? try black and white ;)

Wa, cannot la, I have so many B&W photos already, I like colourrrr.

Actually, you're right, I have tried doing B&W quite a bit, because no choice. No colour in the sky, no colour on anything, just some bland ugly looking desaturated scene, might as well just go all the way and dump the colour.

I wish I had enough money this month to get a macro lens, then can chase butterflies again, miss doing that. But it'll have to wait.

Must get lenses here before I fly, else wa, damn ex over there based on all the photography magazines I get in the library. (for new lenses, that is)

You can shoot the rain! Bad weather means for more creativity! Keep an eye for light peeking momentarily through the clouds.

At least we can save some electricity, not so hot, less air-con.

Very depressing leh. This afternoon I was hoping the weather would be better, so I sat at the National Stadium from like, 4-6pm, and the sun remained a fat ugly pancake in the sky.

Is true, but the clouds are either overwhelming to the point where they become a big mass of nothingness, or something like that, I can't seem to find any clouds. =/

Rainy days are a nightmare for photographers stranded in nature reserves while on a shooting trip... I know, cos i've been through it :(.

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Yeah, you bet, have been there before.

Have been busy, which is sort of a consolation, which means I didn't really plan for all the recent sunset chasing and therefore did not have much expectations/anticipation.

Imagine if I went all the way to Punggol and the sky gave me a grey look. =/

these few days with that kind of weather, I just try to shoot still, abstract and some street.
at least don't really have to include the sky :)

these few days with that kind of weather, I just try to shoot still, abstract and some street.
at least don't really have to include the sky :)
Ahhh the guy I need, you're the one with the 10-20 Sigma right.

You handhold your GND (if you use one, that is) when you shoot at 10mm? =(

Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do, grrr, these days it seems like Singapore is either perpetually hot, or raining now and then.

Bloody hell. =/

Yay for inane threads!

You are not seeing the rain.

It's in your mind.

You only see water drops from the sky.

You'll never find the answer.

Because there is no answer.

Ahhh the guy I need, you're the one with the 10-20 Sigma right.

You handhold your GND (if you use one, that is) when you shoot at 10mm? =(

Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do, grrr, these days it seems like Singapore is either perpetually hot, or raining now and then.
No, I use the cokin wide angle holder when using the GND. Too troublesome to handhold.
But with this kind of weather, don't bother :bsmilie:.It won't make any difference because the sky the whole day is just 'white'
but in a way this kind of change is a blessing. Then at least can start to look for something else to shoot :)

No, I use the cokin wide angle holder when using the GND. Too troublesome to handhold.
But with this kind of weather, don't bother :bsmilie:.It won't make any difference because the sky the whole day is just 'white'
but in a way this kind of change is a blessing. Then at least can start to look for something else to shoot :)
What's the wide angle holder?

=(

i hate the rain too. not safe to ride. ;(

What's the wide angle holder?

=(

oohh! the cokin P wide angle holder :p
it's here http://www.cokin.com/ico15/ico15-haut.html?=#p Cokin P wide angle holder. Can get from CP about 10+ I think. Can only slot in one filter(compared to 3 of the normal holder)

but do note that if u have uv filter on, at 10mm, there will be vignetting. So everytime I need to shoot with the GND I take off my UV .. quite troublesome actually. I wonder if thinner UV will solve the problem.

You are not seeing the rain.

It's in your mind.

You only see water drops from the sky.

You'll never find the answer.

Because there is no answer.

Even if I don't see the rain,

My camera will tell me there's rain

When it spoils. =(

oohh! the cokin P wide angle holder :p
it's here http://www.cokin.com/ico15/ico15-haut.html?=#p Cokin P wide angle holder. Can get from CP about 10+ I think. Can only slot in one filter(compared to 3 of the normal holder)

but do note that if u have uv filter on, at 10mm, there will be vignetting. So everytime I need to shoot with the GND I take off my UV .. quite troublesome actually. I wonder if thinner UV will solve the problem.

Mmm, sounds good.

Cannot put CPL la, damn painful, hahaha. Now I have a $80 Cokin CPL that I won't really use much, jeez.

Ah, yes, I went to search the web after asking for spoonfeeding. So no vignetting if you just attach on without UV? Yays, will get it asap then. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.