Not open for further replies.

Soldi

Apr 19, 2006
Pasir Ris
www.jonathanliu.net
un1_resize.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49957486/

C&C pls

hey..works for me..even though the subject is in the centre..reminds me of a stock image for some reason...

Nothing here shows me that the subject hates the rain. It's life giving water without it we will die.

Agree with what jbma said. Pict's fine, title needs to be changed tho. Nothing to show the rain or hate.

title dun matter if the picture speaks for itself (sometimes you deliberately titled it opposed to what is in the picture for irony's sake). bigger problem here is that the picture is not saying anything ...

maybe if shot from the left or right and not from the back against the light to reveal the face, some meaning can be conveyed in the picture.

technically the tones are unbalanced - "subject" is too dark as compared to the well exposed skirt(?), and also too centred. Also focus - the sand is too well focused competing hard with the ill-defined subject. And the umbrella and the distanced shoreline have merged making the umbrella less than an umbrella ...

horizon tilted... and the same old things...

anyway, the funny part is, i actually like the bokeh on the sandy ground... sharp yet blur, blur yet sharp... more interesting.

im planning on reshooting this with some other adjustments..

(umbrella without the strap,non-school shoes :bsmilie: )

thx for the comments :)

and i love the bokeh/sharp in the sand too

horizon tilted... and the same old things...

anyway, the funny part is, i actually like the bokeh on the sandy ground... sharp yet blur, blur yet sharp... more interesting.

Hey :)
I'd actually like to ask a question about horizons and horizons being tilted.
I took a shot with the same situation - ie. subject looks fine, but horizon is tilted. and alot of seasoned photographers have commented about that in this photograph that I took, but I have not really heard an "explanation" about how it might/might not affect my photograph.

For the photo posted by [soldi], I can see how the tilted horizon was a bit distracting in the photograph (but not completely wrong, i think).. I noticed it after looking at the photo for a while.. It still works as a nice stock photograph, though it lacks compelling storytelling :)

Here is the photograph I took that I wanted you to advise regarding horizons:
CU063522B.jpeg

It was taken off a moving vehicle, and I am glad this only shot I took was decent enough!
My intention was to show the silhouette cast by the boy walking along this lake. So as you can see in my composition, the boy and the land he is walking on is lined horizontally (more or less, the ground was uneven anyway!), and as a result, the line formed by the land in the background ('horizon' if you may) was tilted.

Please excuse the noise due to the high ISO.

Thanks alot! Sorry if you deem this as "hijacking" the thread, I only hope to contribute to the discussion about tilted horizons brought up by [Del_CtrlnoAlt] :)

Status
Not open for further replies.