I hate sistic!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

baiyun

Jan 30, 2002
Bukit Batok
web.singnet.com.sg
today sammi concert, brought my F828, hoping to get some decent pictures since bought expensive ticket to sit at 3rd row...very good view.....

and stupid sistic pp refused to let me bring my cam in...saying it is pro camera so cannot bring in.........!!! ok fine...I accept reluctantly and put into a locker.......:(
they say only allow normal cam......, only official photographers can use pro cam :dunno: what logic is this, how am i going to enjoy the show with flashes popping from opposite side out of those "normal cam" !!??

then when show starts, i noticed my next seat , a guy with a canon 300D.!!!
now isn't 300D more pro than my F828???!!!
wtf, why sistic let him in with cam and not me!!!??? :angry:
he got inside connection is it??? :think: and no, he is just a normal viewer,no tag to say he is reporter/photographer and he is with gf so i guess he is not at work.....
if he smuggle the cam in, i wonder how he did it since they were checking everybody's bag....
why why!!!! why cannot bring in my cam when i got such good view !!! :cry:

Now i wonder is this guy from clubsnap forums.......if someone did manage to take good pics of sammi's concert today, pls do share........

kinda regret why i didn't bring my eos300 instead.........it will be easier to smuggle in i guess......

i hate sistic...!!! sigh...next time go malaysia watch might be better.......

a good advice, but painting it silver will spoil cam resale value leh....sigh...
next time will bring my eos300, split the body and lens into my 2 pockets, then maybe can smuggle in...

aiyah... very common la.... used to it liao lor.... thats the problem la... these pple ah.... very the sian one.... but maybe u might want to carry a bag with secret compartments and hid the bodies and lenses seperately ? ahahah :sweatsm:

AND AND its not the first time already.......

It's just plain unlucky loh. Since you are not allowed to bring in cameras in the first place anyway, no point complaining about it. Some people are smarter at smuggling then you are loh.

aiyoh most pp go concert is to take photo mah...otherwise buy cd and vcd/dvd can liaoz...no need to pay so much just to sit there and watch........
:(

problem is, i notice that guy do not seem to have baggy pants or carrying any bag leh...i wonder how he did it....

thought SISTIC only responsible in selling the tickets?

Whether you can bring the cam in or not is up to the organizer ? :dunno:

I'm not too sure what's the relationship between sistic (ticket sellers) and those managing the indoor stadium.

Well, it's those second group of people who check your bags, and confiscate your food and yes even your bottled water. So that they can sell food and water to you at exorbitant prices inside the stadium.

baiyun said:
aiyoh most pp go concert is to take photo mah...otherwise buy cd and vcd/dvd can liaoz...no need to pay so much just to sit there and watch........
:(

problem is, i notice that guy do not seem to have baggy pants or carrying any bag leh...i wonder how he did it....

People go concerts to enjoy a live performance and see the acts up close. They don go there to take photos. Photography is not allowed and was stipulated on the Sistic website. If you are unhappy that you were singled out for the confiscation of camera, you should point out to the security that others are openly flaunting the rules.

Relax, you paid to enjoy the show not get worked up over not getting pictures.

MashiMaro said:
next time, paint your camera silver :D

Quite true, pro camera are black in camera. Get a not so pro looking silver camera next time like 300D. :)

It's the organiser who has got the say to prohibit photography in
concerts. But yesterday nite almost everyone was with a digi
cam, so I thought there was no restriction. Next time try to hide
your camera well.

ok...so moral of story, get a pro cam which looks like a normal cam, and done.
!@#$, now i am kicking myself why i got 828 instead of 300D........ahhhh....:(

I am only angry cos of the unfairness .......if everyone no cam, fine..
but now is all got digicam in except me... :(
but right, no point getting upset now....cos her concert is over....ahhh...
next time will not shell out big bucks for concert tixs liaoz.......only waste of money when i dun get anything tangible out of it...dvds are cheaper and angle even closer then the most ex seat...

300D easier to smuggle in mah. u can bring in the body oni, then lens give ur fren. if they check, then ask them how to take picture without lens?

oh yah hor.....aiyah...i think i know how the guy bring in his cam , must be like what u say lens he keep, cam give gf and they separately go in and no one will know liaoz....
kaoz....shld have thot of this method and brought slr....aaahhh...one impt lesson learnt.
thanks.

James_T said:
Well, it's those second group of people who check your bags, and confiscate your food and yes even your bottled water. So that they can sell food and water to you at exorbitant prices inside the stadium.

There's once they want to confiscate my friend bottled water.... then she question them back... how to take my pill with cold water..... u teach me...
then.. they let her bring her bottled back .. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.