I hate Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog

Feb 13, 2002
Alexandra
maddog.clubsnap.org
I've been using Mac recently after 10 years of using Windows. The only nice thing about the Mac is the cool sleek/slick hardware design (and it looks nice as a coffee table accessory). But OS wise, it really sucks. I love Windows. It's so much more productive and faster. On the Mac, things happen slowly one slow click and drag at a time (even after learning the shortcuts). It really puts me off. I feel like I have to slow down for it to catch up with me. Maybe I should learn to be more patient.

Speaking abt this, i hate linux too :bsmilie: no doubt i m proficient in its use but imho i dont think it's worth wasting time on when it comes to troubleshooting. User base forums normally reply with RTFFAQ when you ask for help. That's the sad case maybe those ppl need some social life :bsmilie: Windows is very much idiot friendly. :bsmilie:

hmm need more ram? mine only started to slow after I accumulated a hell lot of pics and programs on it. still working with basicc 512mb here. but then it sure beats having to reinstall my OS every 2~3 months. not to mention viruses too. Just these points alone, I can learn to patient with it.

Speaking of Linux, I had a lot of fun setting up the older versions when you actually had to be technically inclined to do it. Now it's becoming ridiculously easy to set it up. After setting it up, I didin't know what to do with it. So after 2 days I would reclaim the partitions, using it as data. :bsmilie: Windows rules!!

TMC said:
hmm need more ram? mine only started to slow after I accumulated a hell lot of pics and programs on it. still working with basicc 512mb here. but then it sure beats having to reinstall my OS every 2~3 months. not to mention viruses too. Just these points alone, I can learn to patient with it.

I have a G4 laptop and a dual processor, 1 GB RAM G5 workstation at work. They are equally slow. I don't feel the G5 being significantly faster. In fact I can't tell the difference.

oh, so sorry to learn of your experience with Mac. Dump it for there will be no future developmental path for Mac accept to make it looks more sexy for fashion shows.

They need to depend on Microsoft technology anyway.

maddog said:
I've been using Mac recently after 10 years of using Windows. The only nice thing about the Mac is the cool sleek/slick hardware design (and it looks nice as a coffee table accessory). But OS wise, it really sucks. I love Windows. It's so much more productive and faster. On the Mac, things happen slowly one slow click and drag at a time (even after learning the shortcuts). It really puts me off. I feel like I have to slow down for it to catch up with me. Maybe I should learn to be more patient.

how long have you been using the mac? give yourself a bit more time to get used to it :)

what do you mean when you say "one slow click and drag at a time"?

maddog said:
Speaking of Linux, I had a lot of fun setting up the older versions when you actually had to be technically inclined to do it. Now it's becoming ridiculously easy to set it up. After setting it up, I didin't know what to do with it. So after 2 days I would reclaim the partitions, using it as data. :bsmilie: Windows rules!!

Can use linux to install OSX Tiger on PC :bsmilie:

Normally, my linux white box will have either mandrake or something on it's hdd for 24 hrs before i get bored and reinstall win2k3 on it :bsmilie:

jopel said:
oh, so sorry to learn of your experience with Mac. Dump it for there will be no future developmental path for Mac accept to make it looks more sexy for fashion shows.

They need to depend on Microsoft technology anyway.

really? where did you get that info?

madmacs said:
how long have you been using the mac? give yourself a bit more time to get used to it :)

what do you mean when you say "one slow click and drag at a time"?

I just hate that it has one pad and one button. My Windows mouse has two buttons and a scroller.

maddog said:
I just hate that it has one pad and one button. My Windows mouse has two buttons and a scroller.

I need my right mouse button alot too :bsmilie:

I'm using a two button mouse on my PB... and funnily, I can live with the 1 trackpad button. Hehe.

maddog said:

you can always use your pc usb mouse on your mac. i'm using a logitech mx1000 on my mac.

madmacs said:
really? where did you get that info?

They started using MS technology on iPod

LOL! I read some news this morning in some country, iBook was going for $50 or so. :bsmilie: Somehow they managed to learn our KiaSu-ism and create a little chaos.

maddog said:

Eh...you can opt to use a two click mouse on a Mac.

I am using a 2 click mouse on my Mac too.

Status
Not open for further replies.