I hate backing up!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisa

Aug 13, 2004
I hate backing up my stuffs!!!
got one year worth of pictures to backup...

SIAN!!

SIAN!!
For me backing up is easy... I ask my children to do it. During school holidays is best time. 2 years back they even scanned thousands of negatives and photos for me too. Only thing I regret is not being able to convince them to take up photography.

../azul123

For me backing up is easy... I ask my children to do it. During school holidays is best time. 2 years back they even scanned thousands of negatives and photos for me too. Only thing I regret is not being able to convince them to take up photography.

../azul123

how about me passing u my computer... I buy them Macdonalds :sticktong

why not get an OTG backup drive?

download rsync for win32 to do the backup.

rsync is a file transfer program for Unix systems. rsync uses the "rsync algorithm" which provides a very fast method for bringing remote files into sync. It does this by sending just the differences in the files across the link, without requiring that both sets of files are present at one of the ends of the link beforehand.

Some features of rsync include

* can update whole directory trees and filesystems
* optionally preserves symbolic links, hard links, file ownership, permissions, devices and times
* requires no special privileges to install
* internal pipelining reduces latency for multiple files
* can use rsh, ssh or direct sockets as the transport
* supports anonymous rsync which is ideal for mirroring

In Vista Ultimate, there's a backup and restore program that works fine. Its simple to use. Don't know how much easier it can get. Don't back up, loose everything in a blink of an eye. Best of luck.

../azul123

I think if your kids did take up photography as you wanted, they will be too busy backing up theirs, shooting and fighting for more space in the PC to store their stuff, you will be back to square one like Nisa ...DIY...hahahahah...... plus spend more money on more HDDs, PCs and backup medias for the entire family. :sweatsm:

SIAN!!

Back them up as you go. I do it every day.

Ok ok, I dont do it literally, the PC does it everyday.

are u sure u really dun mind??....

Why would i mind? :dunno:

why not get an OTG backup drive?
what's a OTG backup drive? I would like to keep a DVD copy of things...

Sorry... family only.
../azul123

Was happy for a few hours....

In Vista Ultimate, there's a backup and restore program that works fine. Its simple to use. Don't know how much easier it can get. Don't back up, loose everything in a blink of an eye. Best of luck.

that's why i am backing up now... :(

My friend told me everytime he burnt a DVD he gave himself a reward of
sexual pleasure.

He had not have a problem with backing up since then. :bsmilie:

Errr no partner... self pleasure too boring.

Back them up as you go. I do it every day.

Ok ok, I dont do it literally, the PC does it everyday.

Want to... got slightly lazy... after shot too much... :p

I think if your kids did take up photography as you wanted, they will be too busy backing up theirs, shooting and fighting for more space in the PC to store their stuff, you will be back to square one like Nisa ...DIY...hahahahah...... plus spend more money on more HDDs, PCs and backup medias for the entire family. :sweatsm:
So, on hindsight... it's a blessing in disguise. :bsmilie:

../azul123

what's a OTG backup drive? I would like to keep a DVD copy of things...

some external hard drives come with a buttom for OTG (On The Go) backup. it works in tandem with a software (usually provided) so that you can keep various directories or folders in sync with one press of the button.

of course, some initial setting up is required.

but for DVD, unfortunately you have to do that manually. :bsmilie:

some external hard drives come with a buttom for OTG (On The Go) backup. it works in tandem with a software (usually provided) so that you can keep various directories or folders in sync with one press of the button.

of course, some initial setting up is required.

but for DVD, unfortunately you have to do that manually. :bsmilie:

oh... i need to get one of those too... tiring... sian.

yeah i am doing it slowly now... till april 07 only... :cry::cry:

it's that time of the year again.

At the end of every year, I'll backup everything I shot in the year into 2 HDDs, so there is an exact copy of every file. Then I'll keep one in the office and the other one at home. In the past I used to burn DVDs but I figured that the time spent on burning the disks it is more worth my while to just pay abit more and save the tons of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.