I got this stupid worm!!! Help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
I had the worm: W32.linkbot.M !!!

Ytd I tried using Norton to scan it and manage to del it off. But then again, I just on my computer and that's even before I had come online, this particular stupid bug come and say hello to me!!! How can I clear that off???

I followed the instruction from here:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.linkbot.m.html

I manage to del one of the similiar as what mentioned but no use!!! Deeply needed help to get rid of this bug.. Help :(

Thanks

to properly clean the virus, u need to restart ur computer and go into safe mode. Should be when u start computer, press f10 repeatedly until u go into a screen where u can choose safe mode.

After that, close ur internet connection. Then run the norton anti virus.
This should remove it.

when u del it away dont log online ...
scan it again when u r not in offline mood...
if it still appear.. del it n restart n rescan again while still offline..
then go online n scan again.. c if still there..

kcuf2 said:
Should be when u start computer, press f10 repeatedly until u go into a screen where u can choose safe mode.
This should remove it.

Sorry should be F8.

the horrifying fact is, even when I click login to the net, it appeared that stupid box... brat..

Hope it be ok after I scan it on safe mode... then normal mode. then online and rescan.. Thanks guys...

if not worse case scenario... format again... argh......

Before you reformat your hard drive, do try the system restore method. That gives you some time to back-up your important data before doing a reformatting.

BTW, just to let you know, viruses are still there even though you reformat the hard drive. You need to clean it first before reformatting. Hope that helps. Cheers!

format the junk

thanks Ola. Its abt the same method as what I did. I went to the registry and del off... but still no use.. I try to do on Safe Mode first..

Thanks ppl... very kind of u guys... I'll try system restore if its still occur this irritating problem..

Thanks once again.

josho said:
I had the worm: W32.linkbot.M !!!

Ytd I tried using Norton to scan it and manage to del it off. But then again, I just on my computer and that's even before I had come online, this particular stupid bug come and say hello to me!!! How can I clear that off???

I followed the instruction from here:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.linkbot.m.html

I manage to del one of the similiar as what mentioned but no use!!! Deeply needed help to get rid of this bug.. Help :(

Thanks

B4 u proceed w any virus removal/deletion, ensure dat u hav disabled "System Restore" first.

Try doin wat u hav dun here but remember to disable e "System Restore" first.

Hope diz helps... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.