I got mugged along with all my gear!!!!

yappiez

Nov 13, 2007
Well... actually no... however I am curious to know if anyone got personal experience on this...
Do share your stories, for a laugh, for us newbies to learn too...

It seems that many DSLR owners like to use bags that doesnt not look too obvious for the fear of being robbed, mugged...

I am just wondering the possibility of this happening in Singapore... There are more people wearing $1000+ watches and having $1000+ phones than people carrying DSLRs... If I am a crook, I wont even waste my time targeting a camera bag... what I get is probably hard to sell off for cash anyway...

Other countries... hmmm...

Any stories to share???

spree86

Feb 3, 2009
Bishan
www.flickr.com
Well... actually no... however I am curious to know if anyone got personal experience on this...

It seems that many DSLR owners like to use bags that doesnt not look too obvious for the fear of being robbed, mugged...

I am just wondering the possibility of this happening in Singapore... There are more people wearing $1000+ watches and having $1000+ phones than people carrying DSLRs... If I am a crook, I wont even waste my time targeting a camera bag... what I get is probably hard to sell off for cash anyway...

Any stories to share???
Doesn't hurt to be careful though. Shouldn't this thread be in Kopitiam?

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot

Any stories to share???
Tons of stories... but to share here will have to type a lot and very tiring.

Why don't you join our outings sometime... and you can ask this again during TCSS. ;)

coolthought

Jun 23, 2008
Tons of stories... but to share here will have to type a lot and very tiring.

Why don't you join our outings sometime... and you can ask this again during TCSS. ;)
after hearing his stories, ts might use a chain and lock to secure his gears onto himself... :bsmilie:

hotwork77

Jun 21, 2009
1°19'37.70"N 103°47'39.19"E

Any stories to share???
Share with you one story...only one story.

In 1975 when I was Italy on holidays, I was trying to take a self portrait with my wife and kids. I set up my SLR on the ledge and as I was positioning myself for the group shot, a stranger walked by and ran away with my camera.

Today DSLR got no "value" to the thief. When you're overseas, they tend to target smaller higher value items like passports. One passport can fetch at least $2K in the black market. No tourist in their right mind would like to light up like a Christmas tree. :cool:

pupuce

Oct 7, 2010
I was mugged in Senegal and lost my money, DSLR and my lens .. they took out a knife and so I just let them help themselves to my bag!

yappiez

Nov 13, 2007
Thanks hotwork77 and pupuce for sharing their stories... must be really sucky losing the pictures and all the gear... lucky no bodily harm.

Top Bottom