I Got Interested in Photography Because....

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, mine is quite interesting cos I started out from hating photography. I chose to major it in my finals. Reason being, I found out coincidentally in one of the project that photography is spiritually enriching. It made me see truth in life. From a weakness, it became my strength.

wah exc u always sound like u r either deep Christian or perpetual on grass.. hee

me is drew all my life, tried sculpting, but photography combined the geekness of gadgets and the visual arts of pictures...

Originally posted by denizenx
wah exc u always sound like u r either deep Christian or perpetual on grass.. hee

me is drew all my life, tried sculpting, but photography combined the geekness of gadgets and the visual arts of pictures...

That's what many people thinks. But, I'm not a chirstian nor am I on grass. I'm a modern buddhist.:D

ello,

I am into photography because it is an extension and immortalization of my memories. Photography allows to to show others what I have seen and also acts as a catalyst to stimulate the senses and emotions that I felt during the time of the photograph. :gbounce:

~hee

:D ehhhhhh.....because i like photographic equipments.....:D

Originally posted by mylau
:D ehhhhhh.....because i like photographic equipments.....:D
by any chance do u have the complete collection of transformers? ;p

coz of reasons 1,2,3, &7. yeahbaby. i recall when i first witnessed some pros covering an event back then and i was just a spectator...i was in awe of their big, mean, black SLRs and those big flashes and those big big lenses( now of coz i know its those f2.8 pro zooms) and those guys looked cool and confident...form then i made up my mind to become like them. then i took 1 year to learn the art of photography by myself then 2 yrs later i upgraded my gear to pro-grade SLRbody and 28-70/2.8 and 80-200/2.8... [though i was short of cash for the 300/2.8 ehehe :) ]...then after covering quite a number of events& gettin close to the pretty girls, then, i slowly realised that covering events is well...quite meaningless, actually,. yeah. now i m shooting very much less and focusing more on abstract moments and memories...but hey, the pro-grade equiptment mentality stuck onto me...give me good gear anytime, man. and yeah, cool gear gets u the chicks ;-). have fun. cheerios!

for me, i enjoy doing photo-essays for events - so that i can recall it a few years down the road. also, not forgetting the chiobu's i can shoot! :)

of course, i've become triggerhappy since the days of the sony mavica fd-5 and 7. i once carried 40 floppies to cover vjc's 1997 prom night! :)

Surprisingly, not so much to record memories (cos my recall is not too bad)

Mostly to train my inner vision..:D

see here for explanation..

also for self-therapy

p.s.
if you see blur shots from me.. know that i was dreaming at the time...;p

regards,
argent2

I want to show my wife and I some of our kids' growing up memories. :)

Originally posted by clive
give me good gear anytime, man. and yeah, cool gear gets u the chicks ;-). have fun. cheerios!

Yah man.. the bigger ur gear the more chicks wanna pose for u.. maybe its the size of the lens barrel :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.